We have church at 9:00am now and so I have decided to make bread after church, and while the bread is rising, I can read my scriptures of take a Sunday nap. So I started my wheat bread at 1:00, by grinding my wheat. Then I started making the bread and for some reason got to strong for my bosch mixer, so I pulled it out and kneaded it for about 6 minutes on the counter. It took longer than expected this time but is just as soft and yummy. It was finished just in time to head over to my parents house for Sunday dinner.



While the bread was rising, I made Rob some dipped pretzels with the leftover white chocolate
from Christmas. I just made them Valentine's my using red sprinkles.
Rob loves the Mothers Grandma cookies with frosting, and says these are about just as good.

The bread recipe is one my mom revised a little from another yummy recipe
It is called
Grand Champ Bread Recipe - Oatmeal Honey Bread:
5 cups hot water
1 cube butter
3/4 cup honey
1 cup oat flour (blended oats)
2 cups oatmeal . . . blend and let sit 10 minutes
8-12 cups wheat flour
1 Tbsp. salt
2 Tbsp. yeast
1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
2 Tbsp. dough enhancer
Mix for about 8 minutes.
Spray a bowl with cooking spray and put dough into bowl and then
flip dough over so it is coated.
Let it double.
Punch down and make into 5 loaves and let rise in pans for 1 hour until about
an inch above rim.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
I put it in a cold oven and then turn the stove to 350 for 25-30 minutes.
Makes 5 loaves.



While the bread was rising, I made Rob some dipped pretzels with the leftover white chocolate
from Christmas. I just made them Valentine's my using red sprinkles.
Rob loves the Mothers Grandma cookies with frosting, and says these are about just as good.

The bread recipe is one my mom revised a little from another yummy recipe
It is called
Grand Champ Bread Recipe - Oatmeal Honey Bread:
5 cups hot water
1 cube butter
3/4 cup honey
1 cup oat flour (blended oats)
2 cups oatmeal . . . blend and let sit 10 minutes
8-12 cups wheat flour
1 Tbsp. salt
2 Tbsp. yeast
1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
2 Tbsp. dough enhancer
Mix for about 8 minutes.
Spray a bowl with cooking spray and put dough into bowl and then
flip dough over so it is coated.
Let it double.
Punch down and make into 5 loaves and let rise in pans for 1 hour until about
an inch above rim.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
I put it in a cold oven and then turn the stove to 350 for 25-30 minutes.
Makes 5 loaves.













2 comments:
That sounds like a great recipe. I'm going to try it soon. Thanks for sharing!
Kyle was wondering if there is some hidden significance to your several postings about baking bread. Perhaps there is different "bun in the oven" that you're not telling us about?! Hmmmm....
Post a Comment