Well, I am over 22 weeks now, and I feel slightly bigger. I feel like I am always hungry. Kind of drives me insane. Nothing really exciting has happened this week. I did find two cute pairs of shoes, a headband, a sleeper outfit, and some Fall candles at a garage sale today. So I was excited about that.
I did have a freaking out moment earlier in the week(although looking back on it, it kind of is embarrassing how scared I really was). Monday went like normal and I came home from work at the end of the day and did my normal things. Rob called a little before 6:00p.m. saying he probably wouldn't make it home until around 10:00p.m., WHAT! that is super late, so I made me some dinner and then went and did some grocery shopping. I hate being home by myself late at night. Well, I got home and it was about 8:00, and I set the grocery sacks on the counter and then went into the dining room and shut the blinds and then was heading back into the kitchen to close those blinds when I stopped myself in my tracks after seeing he HUGGEST spider. It was a sick, ugly, scary spider. Definitely not a garden spider. I was so freaked out, I just stood there watching it above the stove on the wall. After staring at it for 15 minutes, and not knowing what to do, it started moving. Oh my gosh, did THAT send me over the top. I got my phone out and called Rob from work twice before he called me back. Just as he called me back, the spider started descending on a web down to the stove and I just started crying and trying to tell Rob what was happening. (Probably thought I was hurt or going into labor or something) I really wanted him home right that second. He asked if my dad could come over, but I was just over there and he wasn't there, and then he told me to go get the spider spray from the garage(ya right, like I was going to leave my post of watching this thing and go into the cupboard in the garage which probably had more spiders), so he just said to hang in there. The spider had moved somewhere behind the towel that was hanging from the stove door, and I had not seen it after that while we were talking, so anyways we hung up and I still just stood there. I went and grabbed the vacuum so if I saw it I could suck it up. I also grabbed a book I was reading and I just stood in the same spot so I could watch if it went anywhere else. About 20 minutes later Rob called again from work, and I was more calmed down since I had not seen it since we lasted talked. I told him not to come home until he needed to and that I would be alright. So, I still had not seen it, so I decided to get ready for bed and take my makeup off, since it was 9:40 and getting late, and I had to work the next day early. So, I got ready and then went back to my spot and read a book and occasionally glanced over to the stove. I stood there for a good 2 hours. Ya, I know, kind of lame, but I was really super freaked out and I HATE spiders. And, being home by myself did not help the matter either. We even sprayed the inside of the house not to long ago. Well, at 11:00, I decided it was time for bed. I called Rob and asked if he was close to coming home which he was, so I told him I was going to bed. He came home about 11:30, and told me he found the spider and killed it. Oh what a relief, it was still behind the towel where I saw it last. He told me it was not a Recluse spider(just a really huge house spider, and I am not going to search online to see what kind it was because I hate even looking at pictures of spiders), I was so glad it was still there and he was able to kill it for me. What a night. I guess I am a little paranoid about spiders, especially insanely huge, ugly spiders. Well, that was a long story.
Now I will post my 22 week picture:
I just got finished mowing the lawn and I was tired! It is still so exciting to feel the baby moving around. The kicks are getting stronger and it just feels like she is doing somersaults. Joyous!
I also made one batch of salsa this week, and a mom of one of the kids we drop off gave me a bag full of tomatoes, so I will probably be making one or two batches more. This is not the finished product, but the colors are simply delicious.

I did have a freaking out moment earlier in the week(although looking back on it, it kind of is embarrassing how scared I really was). Monday went like normal and I came home from work at the end of the day and did my normal things. Rob called a little before 6:00p.m. saying he probably wouldn't make it home until around 10:00p.m., WHAT! that is super late, so I made me some dinner and then went and did some grocery shopping. I hate being home by myself late at night. Well, I got home and it was about 8:00, and I set the grocery sacks on the counter and then went into the dining room and shut the blinds and then was heading back into the kitchen to close those blinds when I stopped myself in my tracks after seeing he HUGGEST spider. It was a sick, ugly, scary spider. Definitely not a garden spider. I was so freaked out, I just stood there watching it above the stove on the wall. After staring at it for 15 minutes, and not knowing what to do, it started moving. Oh my gosh, did THAT send me over the top. I got my phone out and called Rob from work twice before he called me back. Just as he called me back, the spider started descending on a web down to the stove and I just started crying and trying to tell Rob what was happening. (Probably thought I was hurt or going into labor or something) I really wanted him home right that second. He asked if my dad could come over, but I was just over there and he wasn't there, and then he told me to go get the spider spray from the garage(ya right, like I was going to leave my post of watching this thing and go into the cupboard in the garage which probably had more spiders), so he just said to hang in there. The spider had moved somewhere behind the towel that was hanging from the stove door, and I had not seen it after that while we were talking, so anyways we hung up and I still just stood there. I went and grabbed the vacuum so if I saw it I could suck it up. I also grabbed a book I was reading and I just stood in the same spot so I could watch if it went anywhere else. About 20 minutes later Rob called again from work, and I was more calmed down since I had not seen it since we lasted talked. I told him not to come home until he needed to and that I would be alright. So, I still had not seen it, so I decided to get ready for bed and take my makeup off, since it was 9:40 and getting late, and I had to work the next day early. So, I got ready and then went back to my spot and read a book and occasionally glanced over to the stove. I stood there for a good 2 hours. Ya, I know, kind of lame, but I was really super freaked out and I HATE spiders. And, being home by myself did not help the matter either. We even sprayed the inside of the house not to long ago. Well, at 11:00, I decided it was time for bed. I called Rob and asked if he was close to coming home which he was, so I told him I was going to bed. He came home about 11:30, and told me he found the spider and killed it. Oh what a relief, it was still behind the towel where I saw it last. He told me it was not a Recluse spider(just a really huge house spider, and I am not going to search online to see what kind it was because I hate even looking at pictures of spiders), I was so glad it was still there and he was able to kill it for me. What a night. I guess I am a little paranoid about spiders, especially insanely huge, ugly spiders. Well, that was a long story.
Now I will post my 22 week picture:
I also made one batch of salsa this week, and a mom of one of the kids we drop off gave me a bag full of tomatoes, so I will probably be making one or two batches more. This is not the finished product, but the colors are simply delicious.













2 comments:
I'm sorry, but I had a great giggle at your expense, but only because I probably would have done the exact same thing!!! I hate spiders too, and unless they pay rent, they don't belong in your house. :) So glad Rob killed it- what a guy for protecting you. :)
You look SO cute- love the bump!
Spiders are the very WORST part of warm weather! I'm sorry you had such a scare... I HATE finding them in my house. Ick! Glad Rob was able to find it and rid your house of it!
On a pregnant note, you look so cute! Feeling them move is always so fun! If you don't already have one, this company is selling breastfeeding covers for just the price of shipping. Check it out here:
http://davisboys.blogspot.com/2009/09/free-udder-cover.html
I totally just ordered one, not because I need it but because it will be cute for next time! :)
Post a Comment