I LOVE Baking Powder Biscuits, so while my sister has been here, she has been making dinner about twice a week. For one of her dinners I decided to make some biscuits. I did not promise anything since I don't make them very often. I got them mixed and cut out and put on the baking sheet and then I went and fed Julie while Kerri make the rest of the meal. She popped them in the oven and when they came out, they looked like they did going in. Just flat and hard. They tasted like biscuits, they were just dry and did not rise at all. So, I was trying to think of what I had done wrong. I figured I needed to add more milk next time. Then, I looked over the recipe to see if I had missed anything, yeah, the most IMPORTANT ingredient, Baking Powder. Hence the name, so I attempted to make them again a couple nights later and I remember the baking powder this time. Yeah, success, they were Heavenly!
And one of the best ways to eat them a day later is with a piece of melted cheese in the middle.
Baking Powder Biscuits
2 cups flour
2 heaping teaspoons oat flour(just oats blended)
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Mix well then add:
1/3 cup butter
Mix until crumbly:
3/4 cup milk
(I just add milk a little at a time until it is just slightly sticky)
Roll out on lightly floured surface about a 1/2 inch thick.
Bake at 450 for 10 minutes
So gooyummy!
(In the words of my sister this means, "It's as if you were going to say it's so good but good just wasn't good enough so you decided to say yummy instead.") Thanks Kerri, now we are all educated in the ways of delicious food! ;)
2 cups flour
2 heaping teaspoons oat flour(just oats blended)
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Mix well then add:
1/3 cup butter
Mix until crumbly:
3/4 cup milk
(I just add milk a little at a time until it is just slightly sticky)
Roll out on lightly floured surface about a 1/2 inch thick.
Bake at 450 for 10 minutes
So gooyummy!
(In the words of my sister this means, "It's as if you were going to say it's so good but good just wasn't good enough so you decided to say yummy instead.") Thanks Kerri, now we are all educated in the ways of delicious food! ;)













No comments:
Post a Comment