Thursday, November 25, 2010

10 months old and Happy Thanksgiving!

Julie turned 10 months on Turkey Day! We had a good day. We headed out to Bear River to my Aunts around noon. My mom rode with us and kept Julie company until she fell asleep. I got to see some of my family that I haven't seen in a while. It was a very relaxed day and I liked that.
-On Thanksgiving morning I noticed Julie is getting her top right tooth, it is just barely popping through. It is hard to tell when she is getting teeth in since they don't really bother her. I usually check as she is in my arms and laughing with her head back. She is just a pleasant little girl.
-For quite a while now my sister has been trying to get Julie to make an elephant noise. She will say,"Julie, what sound does an elephant make" and then she will make the noise to show her what it sounds like. Well, basically my sister is the only one that can really do a good elephant noise. Although I have been practicing, but it basically takes all the air I have inside of me to do it. Well, Julie can now imitate an elephant, not like my sister, but she gets the whole idea. Now she is teaching her the action with it.
-Julie is our little dancer, it seems she just has music in her head. She will start to sway her body whenever. She will dance while sitting like in this picture with her monkey, and we learned tonight that she loves to dance to Christmas music, my mom was watching her while Rob and I went to a movie with my brothers and sisters and my mom had some Christmas music on and she was dancing away, apparently Christmas music has a good beat to it. My mom also has a lot of clocks that chime, and she will start dancing when they go off. My parents also have this reindeer that lights up and dances and sings when you push its foot and she was loving that and dancing to that music. I think we are going to have fun this Christmas with this little gal.
 -Julie loves to read books(or look at books), we need to actually reed books to her more often. She has a pile of books in our living room, and she will pull them down and start flipping through the pages.
-I love how the rooms get so light with the snow on the ground, the snow just brightens up the room and so I can take pictures without using the flash. I hate how the pictures turn out using the flash. If Julies cheeks are slightly red, the flash just intensifies it so much more. So I took this without the flash, although it shows her bump on her forehead and cheek from falling on our kitchen chairs. She has gotten quite a few more bumps lately, I am just glad they heal up pretty quickly. 
 -Julie is in a phase(hopefully it is just a phase) right now where she will gag herself by sticking her finger down her throat. I do not like this at all, I will tell her no and pull her hand out, and she will just laugh and stick it right back in. I usually have to distract her with something else to get her to stop. Ahhh, drives me nuts, hopefully it won't last too long.
-Julie will pull the blanket that is on our couch onto the floor and immediately lay down on it and get all comfy. She does this all the time now and I don't know where she picked this up. She doesn't sleep with a blanket, but she just started doing this and it is so cute. She will do this randomly while playing with her toys. I came over to sit on the floor next to her and she crawled over to me and rested her head on my leg, oh I love this, she is definitely getting a little more cuddly, especially at nap time and right before bed.
-Walking is totally on her time, I know she can do it, she just won't. And that is okay! We will try to hold only one hand, but she will now just slowly lower herself to the ground. One of these days she is just going to forget to drop down and crawl to the next object and just take off walking. Oh well!
What a sweet fun little girl we have, she grows and changes so fast that it makes us sad. But it is so much fun at the same time watching her do new things.

No comments: