Monday, November 22, 2010

Shoes and Snow!

I have a pair of shoes that I have just lying around our front room(got them for my birthday like two years ago and they rub my pinky toe, darn), and Julie loves them. She will take the shoelace and run it through her fingers until she finds the end and then rub it against her lips. She will also drag them by the shoelace every where she goes. At least they are pretty clean.
Julie took a couple steps on her own today at my parents house. She was standing in between Robs legs and wanted to get to the table and so she just went for it and took a few steps all by herself. She did this a few more times. Wow, it definitely won't be long now. She gets so excited when walking along the coffee table, and tonight she got an owie landing her chin into the edge of the table. Her two bottom teeth made their way to the top of her gums and caused some crying, but it didn't last long and she is okay now.
Julie loves to destroy my nicely put away toys. She seems to like playing with her toys when they are not strewn all over the floor. Here she is after waking up.
 Well, the white stuff has fallen and still is falling. I managed to rake up the rest of the leaves in the back yard in between rain storms on Saturday, and I am glad I did because that afternoon/evening is when the snow started to fall. You can see that Rob had some fun in it as well. And our YM/YW activity to Salt Lake to go see the Savior of the World performance at the Conference Center got canceled due to a major winter storm warning. The schools are actually having a half day tomorrow because of the storm(that NEVER happens). They say it will be the worst we have had in 10 years. I wasn't planning on going, but I am bummed for all the girls that were excited to go see it. Wow, can't wait to see what comes of it, but I hope all those driving for Thanksgiving will be safe.
 Julie has been doing this downward facing dog position, like they do in Yoga. It is so funny, I don't know what she is doing. She has also been jabbering like crazy, and this jabbering is different, it is like she is trying to respond back. It is more like you are having a conversation with her, but still don't know what she is saying. I can't really describe it, but it is different. She is close to signing "mom" and "dad". She is one happy little girl, even after bonking her head so many times today. She has two nice lovely marks on her forehead from the railing on the banister! 
The snow is getting me excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas, it is giving me that Holiday Spirit and I love it!
Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

The Morreys said...

I hope I get to see her take some steps this weekend! Hopefully the storm won't be too bad. I'm trying to convince Kyle to take the day off.

Heather Taylor Photography said...

It won't be long now til she's walking all the time! Go Julie!! That's great she's such a happy baby.... must be because her mom/dad take such good care of her. :) Be safe with all the crazy weather!