Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Growing up

-Julie is starting to get a little temper, she will get frustrated with something and then she will growl and sometimes arch her back. Her personality is really starting to come out.
-She also is a big cheeser, she has started to smile really big and she will imitate us when we smile or just open our mouth really big. It is soo funny to watch her do this. Her Uncle got her going the other night, he has this classic honking/growling noise he makes(don't know how to describe it), and Julie would imitate him and she did this for the rest of the night. Hilarious!
-She is able to walk now while holding onto one of our hands, before she had to have both hands or she would start whining. She loves walking with her little Dino, but gets mad when she runs into something and can't go any further until mom or dad come to the rescue.
-If we clean her toys up and organize her books back on her shelf all nicely, she is more likely to play with them again. She loves reading her books and playing with her blocks. She has a bucket that has a lot of different colored shapes in it. If she gets the blue circle, she will put it up to her mouth and blow into it over and over. Sometimes she will just be sitting on the floor and she will breath in deeply and then let it out quickly a few times, like she is listening to the air coming out.
-She loves to rub things on her lips, including our fingers. She will grab my finger while I am feeding her and she will get the top of my pointer finger just barely sticking out of her fist and rub it on her lips. She did this with Daddy's finger the other night before bed.
I came home with groceries the other day and set the milk down next to the fridge and she crawled right over there and pulled the milk towards her and started playing with it.
Here is what happens when Dad gets her ready for church, she had a bath right before this and when he took her leggings off, her hair was everywhere that we had to wet it down again to get it under control.
Another hat pattern, I am hoping she will learn to like wearing these hats. It was cold today, and I don't want those little ears to freeze.
She was so happy taking off the pillows to the couch.
My visiting teachers came over and Julie was so content just playing in her pile of toys. They were just strewn across the top of her. She loves playing with her little Minnie Mouse that her grandparents brought her back from Disneyland.
She adjusted to the new time change very nicely as well, she is a little more tired earlier in the evening.
I came home from Young Woman's tonight and Rob was downstairs with all the lights off and a blanket over the window. Our activity was a Bigger or Better activity. We had three groups and they each started out with something small and they have to go to houses and ask for something bigger or better. Well, Rob didn't want to have to answer the door and so he was hiding away downstairs. Crazy guy, anyways one group came back with a TV and a big box. Another group came back with a Patio chair and the last group came back with a TV and a pair of skis. I was surprised with what they brought back. They seemed to have a good time and we had hot chocolate and cake treat waiting for them when they arrived. When I got home, Julie was so excited to see me, she gave me a big smile and dropped what she was playing with and came crawling toward me. That just made me so happy. What a little sweetie, we sure do love her so very much!

4 comments:

Lacey said...

I'm glad she adjusted to the time change so well. Daylight savings always makes me a little nervous when it comes to the kiddos. And how darling that she's so excited to see you when you get back from YW's... she definitely knows her mommy!

Anonymous said...

It's so fun to see your baby so excited to see you when you get back after going out. She's getting so big! I bet she'll be walking soon - Carson started taking his first steps around 10 months old. If she's just holding on with one hand it won't be long now!

clair said...

Love Julie's hat!

Tell Rob he is one smart guy! I was hoping that the bigger and better crews would pass by my home. When the door bell rang, I didn't want to answer it. But since I have three children who live to answer the door, I'm forced to do things I normally wouldn't do. :)

Heather Taylor Photography said...

It's so fun to "see" her grow up through your pics and read all the fun things she's doing!