-We have been trying to get her to drink from a cup, so my mom gave
us some small cups to use. We have been using them in the bathtub, and
we just leave a little stream of water running. She will fill it up and
then bring it to her chin and dump it. She has not figured out that it
needs to go to her lips. We were trying to do this before she went to
nursery, but learned that it wasn't going to happen. They use sippy cups
in nursery anyways, so no huge deal. And we took her to nursery this
last Sunday and she went right to playing, didn't even look back at me,
and she made it the whole time. Yay, Julie, I really love the nursery
teachers in there as well, they are so loving, the moment she walks in,
they say "Hi, Julie" and they just are so involved with playing with
them. Smooth sailing!
-"Where did dit do?" She says this all the time and it is so cute to hear.
-"Hold You", she just recently started saying this and I try to correct her with saying Hold Me. She does say Hold Me occasionally. We were watching my brother in law do some fireworks and she was kind of standing back, so I reached for her and she kept saying "Hold You", I just love those little words. Of course I will hold you.
-She loves to be scared, we will hide behind a chair or a wall around the corner and she will come looking for us and we will pop out and say "Boo", she gets so excited and giggles and starts to run. It is so funny to get her so excited. We love to chase her around the chair. She also loves to run, she will say "Run, run, run" and just start running. She will run into the kitchen and then come back into the living room, while I am on the couch and I just hear her feet running across the tile floor.
-We have a hole in our backyard from a puddle we found in the lawn. Rob dug this hole to see what was causing the puddle. We have a sprinkler pipe that is pretty much smushed flat from a tree branch. Not sure what to do, the hole has just sat there unfilled. Well, a few weeks ago Rob was working in his trailer with the 4-wheelers and I was watering the garden. Julie loves the 4-wheelers and being in the trailer, so I thought she was in the trailer with Rob. We heard her cry like she was hurt, so I came running from the garden to the trailer thinking she was in there, and Rob came running out of the trailer looking for her. We could not see her, and we found her plopped in the hold, completely under the ground level. She landed on her bum, but no scrapes other than a little nick on her arm and no bruises. It made us laugh afterwords.
-I love it when she will just sit with us and want me to read stories or I will ask her to say a name and she will repeat it. Sometimes in the morning after Rob leaves for work, I will sit on the couch and be lazy and just lay there, she just sits there or lies down right there with me, in my lap or right in front of where my stomach is. I love that she wants to just be close. She will have her toys, and just play. She did this for an hour today while I slept/laid there. She would lay with her body against mine and her head resting on my leg, she would change positions quite frequently but remain on the couch. Love this!
-Loves to point out Jesus and wants to read and look at pictures of Jesus before bed. I have a few Christmas books that I keep up higher in Julie's room that are nicer and she always points up to them and wants me to read them to her. There is one about Christ, and has a bunch of pictures of Jesus when he was a baby until his Resurrection and when I ask her what story she wants me to read before bed, she will point up there and say "Jesus", and every page she will point to Jesus and say "Jesus". And on the ones where he is a baby, she will say "baby", and also "Mary", and "Joseph".
-Every morning I will make two sandwiches, one for Rob's lunch and one for me. After Rob goes to work and Julie and I have eaten I will eat my sandwich, and she always wants some, so I will break little pieces off and give them to her while I am eating. Although, whenever I fix her a sandwich for lunch, she won't hardly touch it. She refers to it as a "sammich".
-She loves the book "We're going on a Bear Hunt" and will say "0h, oh" at the right spot on every page.
-Whenever she sneezes or anyone else sneezes she will say, "Bless You". This was just learned by hearing me say it after she would sneeze. It is so cute. I also taught her "Thank You" and "Please" in sign language. We don't have a DVD with these signs and I wanted her to learn them, so if she asked for something I would repeat it to her, and sign and say Please after. The other day she was asking for a cracker, and it was getting close to dinner so I told her no. The next thing I hear and see is her signing "cracker" and then "please" over and over. I just couldn't say no to that. And then afterwords I will say "What do you say" after I have given her the cracker, and she will sign and say "Thank You", to which I will say "You're Welcome", I love that she knows these words, it is so important to be polite.
-Tells me when she needs her diaper changed, and she usually is right. Says "diaper" and pulls at her diaper. I think this might have to do a lot with us using cloth diapers, where she can kind of realize what is going on and feel it a little more. We might have to get her a potty here soon. She will also say "poop". I have also asked her before "Do you need to poop" to which she will stoop down and grunt like she is trying.
-Likes cooked carrots, meat w/ flavor, grapes, watermelon, cheese(string cheese), macaroni and cheese.
-Reaches arm into cereal lid(no container hooked onto the lid) and will pretend to grab something, then pull her arm out and eat whatever it is she grabbed while saying yummmy.
-says "kay" after I tell her something. I love this, I will explain something to her or tell her we need to wait until later, and she will respond with "Kay".
-likes to stick her crayons in her ear, ever since I started using a cutip to very carefully dry her ears out after a bath, she has been starting to stick crayons in her ears. She will stick it in there and then just leave it hanging. So, the crayons are out of her reach for right now.
-We have started to see more tantrums, she will get mad and then stomp her feet and now she has added a squeal or yell in there as well. They don't get to me at all, I know it is part of growing up and we will deal with them.
-"Where did dit do?" She says this all the time and it is so cute to hear.
-"Hold You", she just recently started saying this and I try to correct her with saying Hold Me. She does say Hold Me occasionally. We were watching my brother in law do some fireworks and she was kind of standing back, so I reached for her and she kept saying "Hold You", I just love those little words. Of course I will hold you.
-She loves to be scared, we will hide behind a chair or a wall around the corner and she will come looking for us and we will pop out and say "Boo", she gets so excited and giggles and starts to run. It is so funny to get her so excited. We love to chase her around the chair. She also loves to run, she will say "Run, run, run" and just start running. She will run into the kitchen and then come back into the living room, while I am on the couch and I just hear her feet running across the tile floor.
-We have a hole in our backyard from a puddle we found in the lawn. Rob dug this hole to see what was causing the puddle. We have a sprinkler pipe that is pretty much smushed flat from a tree branch. Not sure what to do, the hole has just sat there unfilled. Well, a few weeks ago Rob was working in his trailer with the 4-wheelers and I was watering the garden. Julie loves the 4-wheelers and being in the trailer, so I thought she was in the trailer with Rob. We heard her cry like she was hurt, so I came running from the garden to the trailer thinking she was in there, and Rob came running out of the trailer looking for her. We could not see her, and we found her plopped in the hold, completely under the ground level. She landed on her bum, but no scrapes other than a little nick on her arm and no bruises. It made us laugh afterwords.
-I love it when she will just sit with us and want me to read stories or I will ask her to say a name and she will repeat it. Sometimes in the morning after Rob leaves for work, I will sit on the couch and be lazy and just lay there, she just sits there or lies down right there with me, in my lap or right in front of where my stomach is. I love that she wants to just be close. She will have her toys, and just play. She did this for an hour today while I slept/laid there. She would lay with her body against mine and her head resting on my leg, she would change positions quite frequently but remain on the couch. Love this!
-Loves to point out Jesus and wants to read and look at pictures of Jesus before bed. I have a few Christmas books that I keep up higher in Julie's room that are nicer and she always points up to them and wants me to read them to her. There is one about Christ, and has a bunch of pictures of Jesus when he was a baby until his Resurrection and when I ask her what story she wants me to read before bed, she will point up there and say "Jesus", and every page she will point to Jesus and say "Jesus". And on the ones where he is a baby, she will say "baby", and also "Mary", and "Joseph".
-Every morning I will make two sandwiches, one for Rob's lunch and one for me. After Rob goes to work and Julie and I have eaten I will eat my sandwich, and she always wants some, so I will break little pieces off and give them to her while I am eating. Although, whenever I fix her a sandwich for lunch, she won't hardly touch it. She refers to it as a "sammich".
-She loves the book "We're going on a Bear Hunt" and will say "0h, oh" at the right spot on every page.
-Whenever she sneezes or anyone else sneezes she will say, "Bless You". This was just learned by hearing me say it after she would sneeze. It is so cute. I also taught her "Thank You" and "Please" in sign language. We don't have a DVD with these signs and I wanted her to learn them, so if she asked for something I would repeat it to her, and sign and say Please after. The other day she was asking for a cracker, and it was getting close to dinner so I told her no. The next thing I hear and see is her signing "cracker" and then "please" over and over. I just couldn't say no to that. And then afterwords I will say "What do you say" after I have given her the cracker, and she will sign and say "Thank You", to which I will say "You're Welcome", I love that she knows these words, it is so important to be polite.
-Tells me when she needs her diaper changed, and she usually is right. Says "diaper" and pulls at her diaper. I think this might have to do a lot with us using cloth diapers, where she can kind of realize what is going on and feel it a little more. We might have to get her a potty here soon. She will also say "poop". I have also asked her before "Do you need to poop" to which she will stoop down and grunt like she is trying.
-Likes cooked carrots, meat w/ flavor, grapes, watermelon, cheese(string cheese), macaroni and cheese.
-Reaches arm into cereal lid(no container hooked onto the lid) and will pretend to grab something, then pull her arm out and eat whatever it is she grabbed while saying yummmy.
-says "kay" after I tell her something. I love this, I will explain something to her or tell her we need to wait until later, and she will respond with "Kay".
-likes to stick her crayons in her ear, ever since I started using a cutip to very carefully dry her ears out after a bath, she has been starting to stick crayons in her ears. She will stick it in there and then just leave it hanging. So, the crayons are out of her reach for right now.
-We have started to see more tantrums, she will get mad and then stomp her feet and now she has added a squeal or yell in there as well. They don't get to me at all, I know it is part of growing up and we will deal with them.













No comments:
Post a Comment