Saturday, July 9, 2011

Julie Update!

-I love listening to her laugh while she plays, not sure what she is laughing at, but I love to just see her coloring or playing and then laughing. It makes me smile!
-She loves to have her back rubbed/scratched. If she just woke up and is just lying there in her crib, I will rub her back until she is ready to get out. Most of the time in the morning when we get her out of the crib, I will bring her into Rob on the bed and she will lay on his chest while he rubs her back, and she will stay there for quite a while. The other day, Rob brought her into me on the bed in the morning and she was on her back with her little lovey blankie while I rubbed/squeezed her legs which she then fell asleep. She turned over and her back was against my chest just so comfortable. We laid together for awhile until she woke up. Love moments like that! and then the random times when she will just snuggle with us while we rub her back.
-She has a thing about clean hands, if she is eating and she gets a kiwi seed on her hand or anything for that matter, she kind of freaks out, we have to wipe it off before she can continue to eat. Although when she eats macaroni and gets sauce all over her hands, she is fine with it. She can find the littlest thing on her hands or her sippy, even a tiny little hair. Sometimes this can drive me nuts! At the end of the day, if she doesn't have a bath, she will always say "Feet, feet", meaning she wants them washed. So we wash her hands and feet in the sink before getting pj's on.
-She has gotten picky at eating, like not eating foods that she used to love and eat a lot of(like kiwi, don't know if she just doesn't want to get those seeds on her fingers or what)
-She runs with her arms straight out behind her, very funny to watch. And the other day she was just walking around the house with her arms straight out and her palms up, behind her.
-She will sometimes rest her feet on the bumper pad before going to sleep or when she is just playing around in her crib when she wakes up. When we went in to check on her before going to bed, she had fallen asleep with her foot in the slats above her bumper pad.
-She has been loving music lately, she will want to turn my radio on in my bedroom, or she will sign music while eating her lunch. Well, she found her monitor and found out that there is a button that will play music. So, I will find her in there all the time, pressing the button over and over again. She has started to pull the plug out, and so we moved it out of her reach. She was not to happy about that. We also moved her mobile off of her crib, because she would pull on it wanting to twist it her self. So, Rob took that off(while she was watching) and she had a good cry over that one as well.
-She loves to walk around our little block, usually every day. Rob took her the other day and she held his finger the whole way around. I just thought that was cute.
-She is getting independent and won't obey what I say. When I ask her to come or do something, she just gets this mischievous smile and runs the other way or just continues what she is doing. Ahhh, drives me nuts, especially when I am trying to leave and I have to eventually just go grab her or pick her up.
She also has been starting to sneak around. When she is in the kitchen with me, she loves to get in all the drawers and there are a couple drawers that I just don't like her getting into. Well, she got out my strawberry corer and can opener and went over by the door in the corner, where I couldn't see her, so she could play with them. Sneaky, sneaky.
There is also a decorated piece of wood on my couch table in our front room that she likes to grab the wood off and run with it. Every time she does this I tell her "no" and have to put it back or she will put it back, but she does it while looking at me to see what I will do. She knows, but just does it anyways.
-After we put her in her sleep sack at nap time or night time, she will walk around with it on. The first time she did this, I just couldn't stop laughing. I don't laugh like I did, but it is still so cute to see.
 -We have a frame above her changing pad that has all her bows on it. She loves to play with the frame. I always take it off because I am afraid it is going to land on her. So then when it is on the floor and I put her down after her diaper change she will always grab something off of it and point to her head while saying, "hair, hair", so yesterday I finally put one in her hair, and she left it there. Looks like we will be able to wear some bows now. Now I just need to remember to put them on her.

-If we block her way from getting somewhere she will say,"beep, beep" until we move, I have no clue where she got this from, I just noticed it the other day. It is quite hillarious.
Kind of crazy the things she picks up!

No comments: