Julie is scared of our front door, I was getting ready to leave the house the other day, and noticed a salesperson walking around our neighborhood. So, I turned out all the lights and was getting ready to leave, I didn't want to get caught talking to some salesperson when I needed to get out the door. So, I changed Julie and the doorbell rang, I must of scared Julie at that point because she started crying. I finished washing my hands and we left, but now she always looks at the front door and gets this worried look on her face. Instead of playing in the front room and watching her "baby signing time" while I get ready she has been playing in the hallway where the bathroom is.
And I was sitting on the couch in the front room and she had to sit right in my lap, she wouldn't even get down to get her ball. She would just keep peeking at the door. Oh, Man. She is also scared of the garbage truck, since she can't see out our windows, she just gets scared every times she hears that truck come.
-While sitting on the couch, we were playing with her stacking rings, I found that she knows her colors when I would tell her which color ring would go on next. At first, she wouldn't tell me the color until I signed it. But then, eventually she got it.
-I caught her signing the alphabet today. I was in the bathroom getting ready, and she was of course in the hallway facing away from me. I kept hearing her say "E", so I peeked out and saw both hands in the air with her fingers clenched in making the sign for "E". I was so excited, I started clapping and getting excited. She just smiled and showed me her "E". She can also do "A" and "B"(pretty close at least), I just love that she is doing it on her own, so fun.
-She wanted to wear her flip flops this morning, she even said flip flops, I didn't know she even knew what they were called. We got them for her awhile ago and she just didn't want to wear them. This morning she wore them for quite awhile, and whenever one would fall off or the back part would come off her heel, she would say "flip flop" until I fixed the problem. They still don't stay on very well, but her feet are fitting into them a lot easier than when we first got them.
-She is in an Off/On stage right now. She will say "light on" or "water off". We were outside and she kept turning the water valve on the house, while saying "water off". She will also look out her bedroom window and see that there is no water on, and also say "water off". She has just been saying a lot of new things lately, like "open window", and she loves to close the doors in the house if they are open.
-We also got her a bike, kind of a half birthday present, but it will be passed down. Since her birthday is right after Christmas, we thought we would get her something halfway. It is a Strider bike, it has no pedals, basically they just walk along with it and they learn how to balance, so they won't have to use training wheels. Here is what it looks like.
We also took her to the store to try on helmets, and didn't mind wearing a helmet at all. Awesome!
She is not quite sure of it right now, and doesn't always want to ride it, but she will get the hang of it eventually.
-And here is her new fashion statement, can you see them? Canning rings as bracelets, she wore these the whole times she ate lunch today!
Always something new at our house!













No comments:
Post a Comment