Sunday, July 17, 2011

Findlay Family Reunion

For our Findlay Family Reunion we go up to Paris, Idaho. We get about 60 people there, which is not bad at all. I have not stayed overnight in the past and decided to spend the night this time. Rob went up Wednesday night to go 4 wheeling with my Dad. And I went up Friday afternoon, and rode with Kerri and Ryan(cousin), We left around 5:00, and made it up there at 6:30, just in time for dinner. Dinner was awesome, we had dutch oven potatoes and chicken, and  a bunch of different salads. The chicken was awesome, and just so easy to cut. That was Julie's favorite part, she ate pretty much only the chicken, she also ate some tomatoes. After dinner, everyone set up tents, we visited, got a campfire going. We were going to sleep in the front room and so we had Julie's crib set up and when we wanted to lay her down, there was a lot of commotion and things going on that she just didn't want to fall asleep. So, after lots of crying and crying and trying to get her down, we finally just had to lay her down and let her cry herself to sleep. Oh boy, that was so not fun! So I was sleeping on the couch, and I was not tired at this point, I finally looked at the clock at 1:51a.m. and still had not slept, I did fall asleep sometime and then woke up and looked at the clock again, and it was only 4:44a.m., so I figure I only got 2 hours of sleep that night. Between not being tired and Julie just being restless all night, she kept tossing and turning and having an occasional cry, and also Rob kept turning over and moving, and in the sleeping bag he was in and the cot, he was super noisy. Man, that was one awful night and I finally got up around 6 or so to use the bathroom before others got up. Julie woke up and Rob got her to fall asleep on the cot for a little while. So, now it was breakfast time, it felt pretty nice outside, still a little cool, but once the sun came up it warmed up quite nicely. We had eggs, pancakes, bacon, and fruit for breakfast and then we just visited, very low key. Nothing really planed, there are ice caves and hikes around that some family went on. My cousin Nathan brought a 4-wheeler up with barrels in the back that the kids could sit in and go for a ride. Julie went on a ride, with Anna sitting with her. She wasn't so sure of it, but I think she liked it after they started going.
 In this one you can really see her face, she just looks like she is wanting out.

Rob, my Dad, Kerri, and Katie, and also my cousin Nathan went on a 4-wheeling ride. And a lot of other family went to the ice caves, and on a little hike. We finally had to start lunch without them, since it was already past 2:00p.m. We had hoagies and salads for lunch. Just before lunch, I gave Julie some lunch and went upstairs to one of the rooms to see if she would take a nap, and I was going to lay down also and take a rest. Well, as I laid there, Julie just stomped around in her port a crib and played. So, there was no nap for her. She had fun roaming around outside. We left around 6:00 I think, and before we even were out on the road a minute or two, Julie was out. She slept the whole way home. We had a good time, other than getting my sleep.

No comments: