Thursday, August 25, 2011

19 Months!

-Sometimes I will call Robert from downstairs using his name, and Julie has started saying "Robert"
-Will cover her eyes and we will wait for her to uncover them and say "BOO", and she laughs so hard, so funny.
 -loves raisins and craisins
-"No", she has definitely picked up what this word actually means and uses "no" all the time.
-We were at my parents the other afternoon, and noticed it got really quiet and Julie wasn't around, so I went into the kitchen to check on her and found her in the cupboard with the flour, the flour container was still in the cupboard, but she had the lid off and was using the scoop and stirring things around. Starting to become sneaky and quiet, not a good combination. I am just glad that was all she was doing and that there was not flour everywhere.
-"oops" "Oh, No" Oh, oh" uses these words probably the most of any words right now, if I here "Oh, No", I know she wants me to get something she has broken off of something or dropped a toy where she can't reach it.
-Her appetite has gone whacko, definitely going through a phase with her food likes. She won't eat bananas, eggs, sometimes noodles, and many other things. Trying to figure out what to feed her besides grapes(her favorite), is quite a task.
-Really into pretend play right now, she has a grape magnet that she will grab a grape and eat it and then give one to me or whoever.
-She loves to hug blankie, pooh bear, and dolly, but will not hug us the same way. I will say, "Can you hug me like you hug Pooh Bear", she sometimes will give me a bigger hug, but not usually.
-Locking Doors, she has found the button to lock the doors and does this constantly, can't quite open doors yet, sometimes she will get a door open on accident. She turns the handle, but hasn't figured out that you have to pull the door at the same time. I think she will get this figured out soon, though.
-Some things she says a lot, "light on" "light off" "music on/off" "have it" "put it away"
-Can now use a spoon, and will eat cottage cheese when she wouldn't before. Tried giving her some Cream of Wheat in a little bowl with a spoon, but she wouldn't touch it. It was worth a try though.
-Will grab onto my leg, and hide, or just give my leg a big hug, love this most of the time.
 Love her smile in this one.
 Eating her dried cranberries, while watching Mom make Banana Bread.
 Occasionally she will find a headband and want me to put it on her. She will be kind of stiff for a while when I first put it on, and then will relax her neck a bit after awhile. She doesn't keep them on too long though. I wish she would, they look so cute.
 We sure do love this little gal!

No comments: