Sunday, August 28, 2011

"Bit of Whimsy" Dolls

Made these for a friend and finally gave them to her kids, so I will share these with you now.
They are from bitofwhimsydolls.com, this one is the Jean PDF Pattern.
 And this one is the Baby PDF Pattern.
I bought more fabric than the pattern called for and not realizing how big they were going to be, I have a lot of extra fabric left over. So, I might just have to make a ton and give them away as gifts. They are really quite simple to make, the only thing that took me forever was stitching the body closed while attaching the legs as well. That was the most stressful part. They are definitely not perfect, but that is what makes them special and unique!
With the one I made for Julie I realized they needed more stuffing, so the practice one I made that Julie LOVES doesn't have as much stuffing as these ones. I really liked how these ones turned out. I hope they get as much love as Julie gives hers.
Just so happy looking!

3 comments:

The Morreys said...

I love these! What a great keepsake for her. I've been thinking of making something similar for Brooklyn.

clair said...

I love them! You are so good! You make the coolest stuff. You amaze me, girl!

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Oh, those are SO cute!!! Love them!