Sunday, May 20, 2012

3 Months

Yah, 3 months, and as I was re-reading Julie's 3 month post, I realized Melanie is not the same as her sister in a lot of ways. First is the size, Julie was a chunk and Melanie is taking her sweet time putting some pounds on her. She fits into the same clothes length wise but not width wise. Julie took a while to get some neck strength and she was doing pretty good at her 3 month mark, being able to at least lift it off the ground when on her stomach. Melanie on the other hand, can't even lift it off the ground, she can get her head up enough to move from one side to the other barely, but that is it. She still has a floppy head when propped up. I guess I am not too worried, we just need to work with her a little more. And she is also not talking as much as I remember Julie doing. 
-Melanie did kind of laugh the other day when I was blowing on her belly, and she will give the cutest open mouth smiles. 
-She loves to be held facing outwards, and like Julie she is not a super cuddly baby, she is much happier to be facing the world around her. 
-And when you put her face on your shoulder to burp her or just to hold her there, she will rub and rub her face into your shoulder, which usually means she is tired and wants to sleep. So, we lay her down and she usually falls asleep pretty quick. I think she definitely prefers the crib over sleeping on us. She is a tummy sleeper, we don't lay her on her tummy, but when she has tummy time or is laying on us, she just lays there and loves it.
-She can fall asleep on her own, we rarely ever put her down when she is totally out. During the day she never sleeps for longer stretches of about an hour and at night, her longest stretch is only about 4 hours(ugghh), so not liking this. With Julie she was sleeping through the night at 2 months, and Melanie wakes up at least three times during the night. I haven't had a continuous night sleep since she was born and I hope that changes soon.
-She likes to lay on the left side of her head, which is making her head odd shaped. We have been trying to turn her head to the other side when we lay her down. Hopefully it will help. And she loves to sleep with her arms up.
She will still suck and suck on her hands, making her whole face wet from the slobber, and she is starting to drool and make little spit bubbles.
 She likes her swing a lot more than Julie ever did. She can be content in her swing for quite some time.
-I got this little donut pillow a long time ago, and I hope it helps get her head back to normal. Julie was sharing a book with Melanie in this pic.
-She is becoming more and more content, and I love this smile I got out of her.
She has a pretty set schedule right now, and so now I am just wishing and waiting for her to drop some night feedings so that we can get some longer sleep stretches.  But in all, she is doing well. She was also blessed at 3 months old, so that will be in a post to come.
-After she has eaten, she will smack her lips over and over, like she is just savoring the taste. And before she falls asleep she does this also, kind of like when you are tasting something and rubbing your tongue against your front teeth while opening and closing your mouth.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

She is so sweet! :) Isn't it amazing how very different two little girls with the same parents can be?