Nap time became pretty much nonexistent. One week she was having them and the next she would play and play in her room and read books, and occasionally konk out on her chair. I know she still needs them because some evenings she will zonk out before dinner or watching her Pooh Bear Movie. I am trying to get her to just have quiet time but that doesn't always work either, so if she falls asleep, good, if not, she goes down for bed pretty easy, which isn't so bad either. Rob just got home tonight from a 3-day 4-wheeler ride in Moab, and my mom came by at just the right time for me to get Julie bathed quick and jammies on, and then after she left I laid Melanie down, and then read 1 and a half stories to Julie before she was completely out. Good times. I was even able to get myself ready for the night, and have some time to myself before Melanie woke up and wanted some food. I fed her and then put her down for the night. It was lovely.
While Rob was away, I visited my mom one evening, and then the next evening my sisters came over and we took Julie to the park and brought some Papa John's pizza with us. Knowing Julie would not want to sit down and eat, I had fed her before hand so that she could just play. We got to the park around 7:30, and Julie had fun playing while we ate. Once the sun went down, it got cold fast, so we headed home and got Julie to bed and then went to bed ourselves. Julie loved having her Aunts there when she woke up in the morning, although I am sure they weren't planning on waking up so early on a Saturday morning. There is no sleeping in with kids, to some degree. We had waffles and took our time getting ready and by lunchtime my sisters left and we had a good afternoon. Rob got home around 10:00, and after a shower for him, it is time to hit the hay. Good night!













No comments:
Post a Comment