So, I was going to just give up on getting Julie to take her nap during the day, but when she is so tired at night and falling asleep before dinner, and then waking up at night and somehow being wide awake. I am now making sure that I try really hard to mean business and that she gets her nap. Saturday it worked and she had a good nap, although she was kind of ornery and getting into so much trouble for the rest of the day. Who knows what that was about.
A couple nights ago, she woke up at 2:30 and just couldn't go back to sleep, we turned on Pooh Bear for her and she fell asleep, but was back awake a half hour later, then I went in and laid with her on the couch with the lights on and watching Pooh Bear, and she was just wide awake. It was just not a good night and I think I got like maybe two hours of sleep. If it is not one child it is the other, and they seem to perfectly synchronize when they wake up, once I get Melanie fed and settled down, Julie will wake up, and vice versa. I am still waiting for the day when Melanie sleeps longer than 3 hours.
And today she read and read and read, but she did stay in her room. She definitely still needs that nap, just doesn't want to. There is to much to do to stop and have to take a nap.
And today she read and read and read, but she did stay in her room. She definitely still needs that nap, just doesn't want to. There is to much to do to stop and have to take a nap.













1 comment:
Enforcing naptime when the kids really do still need it can be such a trial! I hope that Julie will settle back into napping for you soon! And that she and Melanie's schedules can work out together better so that YOU can get some more sleep too!
Post a Comment