Thursday, May 10, 2012

My night station!

This is how my nightstand looks before going to bed every night.
It is my pumping station, Melanie is still not nursing, which is fine. Pumping is quicker, I just don't get that closeness from nursing. I will occasionally try nursing her and she will do okay on one side and then totally not go for it on the other, so I always have to pump afterwards, so this is probably how it is going to be. I am just grateful that I can maintain my milk supply and feed Melanie without actually nursing her.
I feed Melanie, and then pump, and then what I pump I will feed her at the next feeding and so on. She is drinking about 3oz. right now at each feeding. I always end up throwing a lot of milk away everyday because I pump more than she drinks. With Julie I stored all my extra milk and ended up with a freezer full that I didn't use, so I am not even bothering with that this time. With each feeding I also add a teaspoon of formula(non-milk based). I guess this is the way it is going to be.

3 comments:

Heather Taylor Photography said...

You are such a dedicated mom! Hopefully she'll start sleeping through the night better so you can get more sleep.

Kerri F. said...

Um so maybe start with a smaller alarm clock? :)

The Taylor LIfe said...

Hey, I have had this alarm clock about the same amount of time as you have had your block alarm clock. It is awesome and i like it!