-She is getting stronger in her legs, she will put weight on them when standing for short periods! So fun seeing our work is helping her.
-Got her first tooth on July 14, or that is when we noticed that she had a tooth.
-Constantly has her hands in her mouth, sucking away. She will gag herself quite often as a result of this, but she will usually have her hands clasped together in front of her or in her mouth. She moves them so gracefully, and never scratches herself, even when we forget to cut her fingernails and they get long and sharp. They are also so long, definitely piano fingers.
-She can almost go from back to stomach.
-She loves to smile, unlike Julie who is so sober, Melanie gives us smiles all the time. I love changing her diaper, because she will get so smiley and happy. We found out she is tickleish on her chest right by her armpits. We will rub our fingers gently across and she can't help but giggle, although she doesn't like it. It turns into a worried giggle, can't describe it, but she doesn't like to be tickled there.
-Loves it when I change her diaper, she was not like this when she was smaller, she hated her diaper changed, but she loves it now.
-Has learned how to blow bubbles, which makes for super wet shirts.
-Loves bath time until we wash her hair, she does not like her hair washed.
-Still drinks about 3-4 oz. of milk every 3 hours, thought she would be drinking more by now, but she is just fine with 3 oz. of milk
-Wakes up two to three times for feedings during the night, usually only two. Not bad, but still waiting for her to drop those feedings and sleep longer. She is really good at just drinking her milk while asleep, then I just lay her back in her crib. Sometimes I will fall asleep while feeding her and realize when I get back into bed that I was out there for two hours, kind of stinks when I realize that I had fallen asleep for that long on the couch feeding her and I was not in my bed sleeping.
-Starting to really grab at things and able to hold on
-Her hands are so soft, I was laying by her before she fell asleep on morning and her hand kept brushing up against my face, and it was just so smooth. So sweet!
She was giving Rob the cutest smiles and I had to snap a few pics.
She was giving Rob the cutest smiles and I had to snap a few pics.
Love it when they play together.
She never scratches her face, even with me forgetting to cut her fingernails and they get long and sharp, she never scratches.
5 months, I think she is now finally moving out of the "newborn phase"
The name I seem to always call her is "little one", she is tall and skinny!













No comments:
Post a Comment