Sunday, July 1, 2012

Happy 30th Birthday to me

So, I celebrated my 30th today, crazy, I still can't believe I am that old! So it was my magical birthday, turning 30 on the 30th, but no, nothing magical happened, just kind of cool. Spent the afternoon with my family. For my birthday I told Rob I just wanted to go clothes shopping for myself. So, I took about an hour and a half this morning before our late lunch and went to Down East and Old Navy and got some clothes. When I came home we got the kids changed and headed over to my parents house, after vacuuming the cream of wheat that I spilled on the floor, dry cream of wheat. And the box landed on my toe and made it bleed. Darn it! We had hamburgers and macaroni salad at my parents and then just chilled for a few hours. I was going to go shopping again, but didn't have time, but then we went home for a bit and then went back to my parents house for Jello Poke Cake. 
Lighting the candles, apparently I look disgusted in this picture.
Julie was having quite the crazy hair day!
My "little one" as I like to call her. Just chillin with grandpa.
I was just starting on lighting the candles that were shaped in an 0 shape and the top of my forefinger got a little too close to the fire and my sister caught this picture of me gasping and pulling my hand away. Luckily no damage done, just really hot.
Getting ready to blow them out, making a wish I think and Rob was going to blow them out with me since he didn't get a cake on his birthday on the 9th. Yah, he is now 34!
I am proud to say we got them blown out in one blow
It was a great day! I still can't believe I am 30, that just seems so old.
And one last picture of my cutie, my mom would raise her hands in the air and then lower them. She was loving it!
Here's to another great year!

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Happy Birthday! Isn't it crazy how 30 has just seemed to sneak up on us? In my opinion 30 is pretty great though, so I hope you enjoy it as well! :) Fun pictures, I love the one of you and Rob blowing the candles out together. :)