-She likes her left side, and so when we put her in between the rice bags for naps on her right side, I always come in to find her on her left side. That is her strong side, that is the side that she rolls on her back to her stomach.
-She doesn't sleep in her crib yet, and when I do put her in there Julie always ends up in there with her. Melanie does not look quite so small in there now, and Julie doesn't look so huge next to Melanie.
-We always read Julie a story before bedtime, I usually read to her while Rob feeds Melanie her bottle and puts her down to sleep. So, it was fun to have Rob read to Julie which he does occasionally. So cute! Then we have snuggle time before putting Julie in bed!
Melanie loves the little nook in between Robs arm and his body.
She also loves to chew on whatever is in front of her.
Love this smile!
-Gets happy when I change her diaper, she was all smiles when I was telling her she needed to sleep tonight and not wake up until morning because Mom is tired. She can be crying and I lay her down to change her diaper, and usually when she hears the velcro from her diaper, she gets happy and excited.
-Loves bath time until I have to wash her hair, her bath is like 2 minutes long, very quick.
-Grabs at everything pretty quickly now, and is always watching her hands as they are waving around, she was laying on our bed and she just kept whacking her hand into the bed while staring at it.
-Is no where near sitting yet, she will get there eventually. She is getting stronger every day.
-Fed her some oatmeal cereal for the first time tonight, I don't think she was very fond of it. It was funny though, because she never really spit it out, she just kept her mouth open, looking at us like"what are you doing". It made us laugh, but she did eat what I put in her mouth, it never did come all the way out. She does the same thing with puffs, she kind of just holds it there in her mouth until it dissolves.
It was funny because it looked like she was smiling.
-She still doesn't sleep through the night! I so wish she did, she eats every 3 hours during the day, and pretty much an average of 3 ounces at each feeding still. Sometimes she will go 4, depends on the day. And then we feed her before we put her down for the night, and she will wake up 2-3 more times to eat. I try to let her cry some but so far hasn't helped much. She has done an 8 hour stretch before so I know she can do it.
-She also doesn't make much noise as to talking, just sits quietly, although I think she is starting to make some noise, we shall see. We sure love this little kiddo.













2 comments:
I can't believe she's six months already, wow! She does look not so tiny in her crib with Julie anymore, she's grown a lot. Such a darling girl! I remember you putting that outfit on Julie at 6 months too! And love her "smiling" as you force that oddity of oatmeal on her. :) What a wonderful girl Melanie is!
She is such a doll! What a cutie. Love all the oatmeal pics, haha! Too funny. Love those "sister" pics in the crib, too. What a lucky mama you are... I just wish she was sleeping better for you too!
Post a Comment