Thursday, August 23, 2012

Grandpa Ackerman

My Grandpa Ackerman passed away today at the age of 85, what a wonderful man he was!
I am stealing this thought from my sister, she just said it so well.

"i'll always remember him for his giant mugs of dr. pepper, beautiful paintings, sense of humor, clocks set minutes apart so you'd hear them all chime, singing little tunes about people's names, especially my little sister's: katie, big long hugs that lifted you off the floor, telling us to 'drive honest' meaning 92 mph, bottles of tums that we'd eat like candy, driving crazy down the street in his little black truck, gorgeous landscaped yards, and his sweater vests."

Although I would have to add his keys clipped onto his keychain on his belt, grandpa and grandma staying overnight for christmas morning, his mischievous smile, there was so many things to love about Grandpa.
 This is my favorite picture of both my grandma and grandpa taken at our reception in 2005.
 Love you Grandpa, till we meet again!

3 comments:

clair said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear of grandfather. He sounded like a wonderful person. What wonderful memories you have of him.

Heather Taylor Photography said...

I'm so sorry! He seems like he was such a great person!

Lacey said...

He sounds like an amazing man! How blessed you are to have had him in your life. You will indeed be with him again someday.