Rob took Julie and I on a ride to one of his favorite riding spots. It was up immigration canyon. It took about an hour and ten minutes to get there. And it was still pretty chilly. We were pretty much the only ones there, besides some campers. It started out kind of overcast, but by the time we headed out, it was a beautiful clear day.
We got about 10 minutes into the ride, and we were going down a steep area that was slightly rocky, and Julie kept saying, "I want to go back to the trailer", so we just kept saying, it is all right, we are going to find a spot to eat lunch. And then after that, she kept saying, "I want some food" until we finally found a spot to pull off and eat lunch. She found a nice rock to sit on while she enjoyed her lunch.
We got about 10 minutes into the ride, and we were going down a steep area that was slightly rocky, and Julie kept saying, "I want to go back to the trailer", so we just kept saying, it is all right, we are going to find a spot to eat lunch. And then after that, she kept saying, "I want some food" until we finally found a spot to pull off and eat lunch. She found a nice rock to sit on while she enjoyed her lunch.
The fall colors started out as mainly yellows, and then as we got further along they turned into more reds, and oranges, and it was just the perfect fall colors.
These next pictures(there are a ton and I included them all because it was GORGEOUS) are from one of Robs favorite trails called Ant Canyon, and I just kept clicking away. Wow, it was simply amazing! Rob wanted me to drive, but I am glad I didn't because I was happy just taking these pictures and looking around. There was one point where Julie kept saying something, so I told Rob to stop, and I hear her say, "Mommy, a grasshopper", over and over until I realize that she was looking at my knee. There was a grasshopper there and I kind of freaked out for a second and flicked the thing off. It was a little funny moment we had. This trail stretches on like this for quite a while and I was thoroughly enjoying myself. A good mixture of leaves on the ground and beautiful colors on the trees.
Enjoy!
I think we picked the perfect weekend to go! Wish you all could have been there! Then we started heading up some trail that was trees and bushes on each side, and the trail was super rocky. So, we were crawling up this, which seemed like FOREVER, and it wouldn't have been bad, but I was holding Julies head up the whole time. My left arm wrapped around her head, and then my right hand holding the right side of her face.
Why? Because she fell ASLEEP, on the bumpiest, rockiest part of the trail. So, the up hill slow crawl going over that river of rocks was long. I would have taken pictures, because it was beautiful also, but I had no use of my hands and I was getting tired in this position. I was so grateful once we were past that. Once we got on smoother terrain, guess what? She woke up, go figure. Then we just headed back so we could get home.
When we did get home, 10 minutes before getting home, Julie starts crying and we can't calm her down. When we got her out of the truck, she wouldn't straighten out her body, and when we touched her stomach(bladder), she would just scream. I changed her when we got back to the truck and she was dry, so her bladder was full. We sat her in the chair, and I went to get Melanie from my mom's, and by the time I got back, she had relaxed enough to let it all come out and she was a much happier girl, with a full wet diaper. Overall, it was a great ride, and I am so glad we went. I am not always into riding, but Rob LOVES it.
Here is a little video clip I took with my camera, not the greatest but it gives you a little taste of what it was like.
When we did get home, 10 minutes before getting home, Julie starts crying and we can't calm her down. When we got her out of the truck, she wouldn't straighten out her body, and when we touched her stomach(bladder), she would just scream. I changed her when we got back to the truck and she was dry, so her bladder was full. We sat her in the chair, and I went to get Melanie from my mom's, and by the time I got back, she had relaxed enough to let it all come out and she was a much happier girl, with a full wet diaper. Overall, it was a great ride, and I am so glad we went. I am not always into riding, but Rob LOVES it.
Here is a little video clip I took with my camera, not the greatest but it gives you a little taste of what it was like.













No comments:
Post a Comment