Thursday, October 4, 2012

Julie and Melanie

Lately Julie has been so good with Melanie, we go on stroller rides and Julie has two muslin blankets that she carries with her everywhere, well, she has at least one of them. So, she brings one for her and always asks if we are going to bring the star one for Melanie. So, she is learning to share. And she will not mind when Melanie swings her arms around in her face while in the stroller or even if she pulls on her hair(which she loves to do right now). 
I always read a book or two to Julie before snuggling and putting her to bed, and then Rob takes Melanie and feeds her and puts her down. Rob definitely has the easier part, Melanie goes down so well and Julie does also, it just takes longer.
So, before Rob took Melanie from me I was reading some books to both of them and it was so fun to have them both on my lap. We still swaddle up Melanie at night, since she sleeps so much better that way, so she always looks like this before bed(she is so different than Julie).
 My beautiful babes who I adore.
 Whenever Melanie is in her swing, Julie is either half laying in her lap with her face close to Melanie's and she will swing her back and forth that way, and Melanie will have the biggest smile on her face. Or, Julie has started to get under the swing where there is a bar that she uses to move the swing(although it does swing by itself, it rarely ever gets used because Julie is always around her).
 Today the weather turned cold and it was 36 this morning, so it was new clothes for Julie, long sleeve and pants. Her shirt is 4T, and her pants are 3T. 
Julie got on the couch next to me while I was holding Melanie and asked to hold Melanie, so I laid Melanie in Julie's lap and she was so happy. Melanie was quite happy also, love these pictures of my two kiddos.
 Love the face Julie is doing here.
 And I finished this hat today for our service auction we are doing in Relief Society next week. I got it off of Pinterest and I love how it turned out. It is called a crochet baby turban hat. It was a 0-3 month size, but it fit Melanie quite nicely. She does have a smaller head though. Now to make more, so cute!
Finally got Melanie to eat about a tablespoon of oatmeal cereal today. I don't think she was too fond of it but she ate it better than everything else we have tried so far. Crazy, 7 1/2 months old and still not eating solids.
Two kiddos sure keep me busy.

No comments: