Monday, July 14, 2008

Strawberry Jam

A few weeks ago, I made some Strawberry Jam with
my sister. We tried two different recipes.
The first was MCP.

First, we need to get all our containers ready to pour
the jam into when we are done.


Then we pureed the strawberries.


Now, it is time for the sugar.


This next batch we used Sure Jell.


This is my sister who was showing me how to make jam, since I have never made it before. Really, not hard to make jam, but it was fun to make jam together.


I do not remember the exact recipe, but make sure you follow it.


And the finished product, lots of jam to enjoy for
months to come. Yummy!
Our conclusion between MCP and Sure Jell,
we like MCP. It was easier and it set up better
than the Sure Jell.
So go with MCP.


One last step, Clean Up!
Always clean up the mess you made, and don't forget
to enjoy some strawberrys during the process.


Oops, we turned my moms pampered chef wooden spatula
red, it would not wash out. Oh, well she did not mind.


Thanks Kerri for the fun jam making experience!

1 comment:

The Morreys said...

Thanks for the taste test. I'll make sure to use MCP when I make jam next. I still have a lot from last year, but we've been going through it fast now that Ethan loves PB&J.