Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I'm 26.

Well, it was my birthday yesterday June 30, and I really didn't get anything except for a pair of shoes I bought. Thats okay, now that I am older, birthdays don't seem so important. And we did not have cake either. I was going to make a cake today (jello cake, mmmm...), but I am just not in the mood to make one, who needs cake anyway. Rob is not feeling the greatest anyways and so I have decided I will just make one when Rob is feeling better.

We had such a great weekend, and I am grateful that Rob felt good, but sometimes I just want to scream. We make such good progress and then it seems like we go backwards. I know we have been blessed through all this and I know he will get better, it is just so hard.

We have had so much love and support from family, friends, neighbors, ward members, and an old bishop, we just can't thank you all enough. You don't know what it means to us. We would not have made it this far without each other and everyone around us. We could not have asked for a better neighborhood, with kinder people that have helped us out so much after just moving in. Thank you to everyone.

We will make it through this and we will be that much stronger from this experience.

I still can't believe I am 26, I still feel so young. With that said, I feel like I have grown up a lot since being married and taking care of Robert. I have high hopes for the future with my honey and am so grateful for all the experiences life throws my way, making me who I am today. We love you all!

4 comments:

Ryan and Michelle said...

Congrats on turning 26. Let me get this straight... Rob gets a helicopter for his BDay and you get shoes? If you throw them in the air I guess they can fly too. That's cool that you got to escape to SLC for a little bit. We hope and pray Rob gets to feeling better.

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!! Brian was so excited for you yesterday! He kept saying that when he grows up he's going to be older than you.... silly boy.

Hope your birthday was great and you can really enjoy your cake soon!

The Morreys said...

Happy belated birthday! I hope this year brings many wonderful things into your life especially better health to Rob.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday! 26 isn't that old...Bevan will be 29 this December!