Yesterday I had a fun day with my sister and my Mom! We headed out about 9:30 or so, and we made our first stop at Tai Pan Trading in Clearfield. We had fun looking around for about 2 hours, getting a few little things. I got some decorations for Easter, a cool vase, and some swirly tree branches. Just before we got there my sister said she had a coupon, which reminded me that I had forgotten my 20% off coupon, I had cut it out and just forgot to stick it in my purse. Oh well!
Then we were off, next we decided to go to Wood Connection. This place had a bunch of holiday decorations out of wood and wood sayings. With everything there was an example of the finished product, you just picked out the wood and finish it yourself. I got two words, "JOY", and "FAMILY". She was giving a demonstration of how to put the glitter on the wood and how to put scrapbook paper on the wood also. This is definitley one place I will have to go to again.


I will cover a few letters with this scrapbook paper.Next, we went to lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory. I have been here once before on a date with Robert when we were dating. I got the Chicken Penne this time and it was delicious, my sister got the Rich Meat Sauce, and my mom got the Spinach Ravioli. We could have ordered almost anything on the menu, everything looked so good. It also came with a salad with YUMMY dressing, and bread. We had a good time talking and enjoying our lunch.
Next, my sister wanted to take us to this place here friend is getting her refreshments for her reception. It is called "Beyond Glaze", turns out they are moving into a new location on March 9th and so they were closed when we went. Bummer, she says they have some amazing donuts. I guess we will have to check them out next time we go down.
So then we headed to "Rod Works". When I stepped out of the car and looked into the windows of the store, I told my sister that she should not have brought me here, basically what I said at every store we went to. I could already see I was going to ABSOLUTELY LOVE this store, and I was right. It was another home decor store and I wish there was one closer to home, all I bought here was a rod to hang something cute on. Oh, but let me tell you, I could have gone WILD in this store, I was just not quite sure how I want to decorate my basement. SOOO many cute ideas in this store, if you ever see a Rod Works, you have got to stop in and check it out. Another store I will have to come to again.
I had Stake Conference at 7:00, so we started heading home about 4:00 from Draper, when we got to about Brigham City, we still had a little bit of time, so we stopped at Smith and Edwards looking for some Texas Tumblers, no luck. But I did get another Bamboo spatula to add to my kitchen utensils. I already have two, but I use them so much, they are always in the dishwasher when I need them.
We got home about 6:25, my mom and I unloaded our loot and stuck it in my car and I took my mom home and then got home just in time to slip on a skirt, get ready, and head out the door for Conference. Such a fun filled day, we will have to repeat sometime soon!













8 comments:
Cute stuff!! It sounds like you had so much fun too. I've never been to Wood Connection but I heard that it is where our Relief Society often gets stuff for their Super Saturday crafts. You've made me want to go shopping too! If you ever need someone to go with....
Oooh, how fun!! I love the stuff you got!
And we have a Rod Works (maybe even 2) really close to here! *hint hint* I'll be sure to save the coupons I get in the mail for ya, though now I want to go check it out too. :)
Hey...down in Clearfield...funny thats were we live, and didnt get a phone call to have lunch or anyting! Although it does look like you were quite busy...maybe next time.
My sister's best friend from High School is the owner of Beyond Glazed. Her donuts are amazing and really cute! I like the key lime pie one... yum!
What a day! Sounds like the perfect girls day out! :)
YOu are so creative! i need a store like that! Got any ideas on how to decorate a 3 year old boys room? Ethan' walls are still just paint!
Okay, I l-o-v-e Rod Works and do not go there nearly enough. I have not been to the Tai Pan Trading store yet, but every time I past it I want to go so bad. Now I'll have to go for sure!
Tai Pan and Rod Works are two of my very favorite stores - and they are only a few minutes from my house! Next time you come down this way you'll have to give me a call. It is always more fun to go shopping to those stores with girls, who appreciate all the cute stuff, rather than with husbands (although Tyler is usually a good sport about it). Another good one is Quilted Bear. They have some awesome spring things out right now. I have never heard of the wood connection store - where is it at?
Megan
Post a Comment