Saturday, March 28, 2009

Waffles (for Breakfast)


We had waffles for breakfast a few Saturdays ago. It is a rare occurrence for me to make something for breakfast. Cereal is just so quick and easy. And I love Cereal. But, I guess I was in the mood for some yummy waffles. Breakfast foods like waffles, pancakes, french toast, and also hashbrowns usually get cooked at our house for dinner. Usually on nights when I don't know what else to fix and breakfast meals are quick and easy.
I like to make a whole batch even though we do not eat all of them, I freeze the remainder. Then when I want waffles for breakfast, I just whip two out and toast them in the toaster and they are crunchy and yummy. I almost like it this way rather than fresh out of the waffle iron.
I also like to toast them and then make a peanut butter and jam sandwich.
Anyways, here is the recipe for my mom's yummy waffles and also some pictures.
After I put the mix in the waffle iron and put the lid down, I cook them for just over 2 minutes. 2:11 to be exact. Gives them that just right goldish brown color. Mmmmm!!

Waffles
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp. (heaping) baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
2 egg yolks (save egg whites)
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup oil

Mix above, then add:
2 egg whites - beaten until stiff
Fold egg whites into mixture.

Bake on waffle iron.

That perfect golden brown color!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Those look so incredibly yummy! I think I need to go try them.

Anonymous said...

Yum! I love those waffles:) I'm making them tomorrow morning before we watch General Conference.