Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Miscellanious!

 -I keep a bag of clothes in Julies closet that she doesn't quite fit into yet, there are boy clothes included in there since I just loved buying cute outfits before we knew what we were having. Anyways, I was looking through it the other day and started pulling all the clothes out. All the rest of the girls clothes that were in there were 12-18 month size, which is what she is wearing right now, I couldn't believe I had missed all these clothes. There were like 13 pairs of pants, 8 dresses/skirts, and like 5 shirts. I was set on 12-18 months clothes before I found all these, so we are prepared. Julie had fun helping me sort through the clothes, she just liked to mess up the piles that I was making.
Julie loved helping mommy!
 -We got her a new Britax Boulevard 70 car seat, which we installed and it doesn't really fit very well rear-facing in our car, so we took it out. Guess we need a new car, right ;) anyways, I got it because we would be able to keep Julie rear facing until she reached 40 pounds which I love. So much safer that way. We are still going to keep the car seat, even though it doesn't fit in our car right now(don't have a hook for the versa tether), her infant car seat will go rear facing until she is 35 pounds, so we can still use that for now, and there is still one more spot above her shoulders so she has now outgrown that yet. This new car seat is amazing though, and I am excited when we are finally able to use it. Even if we have to wait until we move Julie forward facing. 
 Whenever I come home after grocery shopping and I set the milk down in front of the fridge. Julie comes crawling over and loves to play with the milk.
 This next picture is an awful picture of Julie, this is after she has been crying, and she is also tired. Her face turns splotchy red. So sad!
 -Daddy was having fun with Julie before church, and she was actually wearing one of the hats I made. She usually takes them off right after I put them on.

-Loves to grab stuff from a pile and put it behind her, and does this until the pile is gone. She loves doing this with her books, or her toy bin. Sure makes a huge mess, and then mommy and daddy clean it all up, so that she can have fun doing the same thing again. Love this girl!
-Lately she has been swaying her body back and forth as she is crawling along, the music is going and she is just cruises and get her head and shoulders involved.

-Julie is definitely now a walker, she walks everywhere and loves it. For a while there, she was like a little pinball, walking from furniture piece to furniture piece. She loves her new found freedom.
-Julie is afraid of our vacuums, she was afraid before, but now she is scared. If I get the vacuum out, she will start to whimper and head in the opposite direction or into another room. Then, she will venture out and peek around the corner to see if the vacuum is still out. She is okay if I hold her and vacuum, but that is not the easiest to do. So, Rob has to take her downstairs to play while I vacuum upstairs. I had the vacuum still out upstairs because I needed to dump the contents of dust and yuck that it had sucked up, and she hadn't noticed. She was walking in the direction of where the vacuum was and stopped in her tracks with a worried look on her face, and then turned and went in the other direction. I didn't realize what she was so worried about until I looked in the direction she was walking.
-She loves her stuffed animals and knows each one by name when I ask her about them. There is Pooh Bear, Minnie Mouse, and Monkey. She loves to give them hugs and kisses. I'll say,"Where is Minnie Mouse, or Give Minnie Mouse a hug" and she will hug her or go and find her. So fun to see her act so sweet to her stuffed animals. She still has yet to give us kisses, although when I ask for a kiss she will lean her head into my face, so I can give her a kiss.
-She can say "pitty" for pretty, when she combs her hair, or sees the Christmas Tree lights. She also has "no" down very well, she will say it all the time "no, no, no" If she is headed or doing something we have told her not to do, she will say no, no, no, to herself. I love watching her discover her world around her!

3 comments:

Ryan and Michelle said...

So much fun stuff, I don't know what to say! It sure is cute to watch her show her personality. Thanks for sharing it!

Sad about the carseat. We got Austin a First Step with the same idea, he could be rear facing until 40 lbs. The prob being he was too tall. We turned him around way before 40 so that he didn't have to sit bow-legged. I'm sure your tall skinny Julie would have the same problem (since Austin has never been tall on the growth charts).

The Morreys said...

That's why we turned Brooklyn around when we did--she ran out of room for her legs.

Yay for Britax! So worth it in my opinion.

The Taylor LIfe said...

I don't care about the leg room, yes her legs will be bent, I just want her to be as safe as possible for a longer period, which is rear-facing. So, unless we get a new car, she will be in her Graco until she reaches 35 pounds.