-Well, she won't eat ice cream anymore!
-Fell asleep in church last Sunday for the first time since she was a baby, church is right during her nap time and she fell asleep half way through Sacrament meeting and half of Sunday School. And this Sunday, she looked so tired after church, but came home and ate lunch and she was non stop talking and happy for the rest of the night.
-It is amazing how fast her talking is getting better and better. So fun to listen to her conversations to her animals and baby. She will get them right up in her face and talk to them. She will hold her baby under her arm and say, "It's okay, baby". She can tell me what she wants and I can tell her things and there is just that communication back and forth now that is so awesome. I mean, it was there before, but now she can really tell me so much more. She loves to go outside and look at the moon at night, or during the day if it is up. She will ask where the moon is if she cannot see it while we drive home at night.
-She has been wanting Rob to read to her more now, especially at bedtime. So cute, "Daddy read a story"
-One funny thing, she says "I'm tooting" and I just have to laugh. I hate the word fart, so we say toot instead. She was saying it on our way into church and then in Sunday school after she woke up she said it again. Haha!
-She has been trying new foods lately that she hasn't or wouldn't touch before, like rice casserole and eggs, and lasagna. She usually just gets noodles plain, but tonight at dinner she actually tried the lasagna.
-If she drops something on the floor, she will say, "I made a mess" and if she drops something again, she will say, "I made a mess, again". So cute.
-We usually make smoothies for afternoon snack and Julie always has hers in a cup with a lid that you can stick a straw into. Well, she is now wanting to use a big straw, and so I stuck another straw into my smoothie and she loved drinking from it.
-I love going into a room and finding Julie reading a book. She loves books, especially Winnie the Pooh. I just had to snap a few.
-She has finally started letting me put a flower clip in her hair. I first had to bribe her, by giving her a swedish fish afterwords, but now she will let me put them in and usually will keep them in without taking them out. She will occasionally feel her hair to see if it is still there. I am loving it, plus it keeps her hair out of her face. Her hair in front is so long that she is always swiping her hand across her face to push her hair out of the way.
I need to stock up on more bows and flowers, don't have very many different colors. She never wore them so I never bought them, but this new little babe will be wearing a lot more headbands.
-Watching her Pooh Bear, which she so adores.
-Enjoying a dum dum, she never ever finishes them, but she loves them for a little while whenever she has one.
Daddy and Julie playing with a little remote control car before church on Sunday. Julie was also having fun controlling the car as well. Do you like there little ramp that they made.
And an update on Julie's getting out of bed.
I kept a log of every day she got out of bed, and how many times we put her back into bed. So the first is the day(the first couple days I didn't record what day it was), and the second is how many times she got out of bed and we put her back into bed, and then the third it how long from the time we put her in bed did she stay in bed.
Day 1: 34 times/1 hour
Day 2: 42 times
Day 3: 5 times
Day 4: 9 times
Day 5: 26 times
Nap on the 24th of Jan.: 10 times/ 30 minutes
Bed on the 24th: 14 times/ 35 minutes
Nap on 25th: 6 times
Bed on 25th: 9 times/ 15 minutes
Nap on 26th: 7 times/ 20 minutes
Bed on 26th: 8 times/ 15 minutes
Nap on 27th: 13 times/ 30 minutes
Bed on 27th: 12 times/ 25 minutes
Nap on 28th: 2 times/ 5 minutes
Bed on 28th: 4 times/ 10 minutes
Bed on 29th: 1 time/ 5 minutes
Nap on 30th: 1 time/ 3 minutes
Bed on 30th: 7 times/ 25 minutes
Nap on 31st: 0
Bed on 31st: 6 times/ 10 minutes
Nap on the 1st: 2 times
Bed on the 1st: 8 times/ 20 minutes
Nap on 2nd: 4 times/ 15 minutes
Bed on 2nd: 7 times
Nap on 3rd: 2 times
Bed on 3rd: 3 times
Nap on 4th: 1 time
Bed on 4th: 3 times
I continued until the 9th, but they were between 1 time and no times coming out. So over the course of 20 days or so, she is now only getting out of bed at least once or twice. I never wanted to have to lock her in her room, and this really wasn't bad. Kind of annoying at times, but I think she now gets it that she needs to stay in bed once we put her down. Now to get her to sleep through the night without waking up every night at 2:30a.m.(so not cool), the other night it was for a drink of water. And then an hour later for the same thing, and then one more time. Driving me nuts! Although last night she did sleep through the entire night without getting up. Gotta fix this!
-Went to Firehouse Pizzeria for Valentines with Julie for dinner. Got my Garden salad and foccocia bread (mmmmmm), and got Julie some Mac n Cheese. Before eating Julie wouldn't eat until we said a prayer, she just sat there with her arms folded and bowed her head saying, "prayer" while looking up at us. So, Rob said a prayer and she started eating. Loved this moment!
-Loves to help sing "I am a Child of God", and loves to listen to the song on CD over and over and over. We were in my bedroom and she kept saying, "I am a Child of God", but in a way that I didn't quite understand until she said CD. Oh, so I turn on the CD and it just repeats the "I am a Child of God" song. She loves it.
-Found a new blanket that she likes, her "soft blanket" as she calls it. So, she has to have that while sleeping as well, her blankie on one side of her face and the soft blanket laid over her and up on the other side of her face. All cozy and snug as a bug.
-If she drops something on the floor, she will say, "I made a mess" and if she drops something again, she will say, "I made a mess, again". So cute.
-We usually make smoothies for afternoon snack and Julie always has hers in a cup with a lid that you can stick a straw into. Well, she is now wanting to use a big straw, and so I stuck another straw into my smoothie and she loved drinking from it.
-I love going into a room and finding Julie reading a book. She loves books, especially Winnie the Pooh. I just had to snap a few.
-She has finally started letting me put a flower clip in her hair. I first had to bribe her, by giving her a swedish fish afterwords, but now she will let me put them in and usually will keep them in without taking them out. She will occasionally feel her hair to see if it is still there. I am loving it, plus it keeps her hair out of her face. Her hair in front is so long that she is always swiping her hand across her face to push her hair out of the way.
I need to stock up on more bows and flowers, don't have very many different colors. She never wore them so I never bought them, but this new little babe will be wearing a lot more headbands.
-Watching her Pooh Bear, which she so adores.
-Enjoying a dum dum, she never ever finishes them, but she loves them for a little while whenever she has one.
Daddy and Julie playing with a little remote control car before church on Sunday. Julie was also having fun controlling the car as well. Do you like there little ramp that they made.
And an update on Julie's getting out of bed.
I kept a log of every day she got out of bed, and how many times we put her back into bed. So the first is the day(the first couple days I didn't record what day it was), and the second is how many times she got out of bed and we put her back into bed, and then the third it how long from the time we put her in bed did she stay in bed.
Day 1: 34 times/1 hour
Day 2: 42 times
Day 3: 5 times
Day 4: 9 times
Day 5: 26 times
Nap on the 24th of Jan.: 10 times/ 30 minutes
Bed on the 24th: 14 times/ 35 minutes
Nap on 25th: 6 times
Bed on 25th: 9 times/ 15 minutes
Nap on 26th: 7 times/ 20 minutes
Bed on 26th: 8 times/ 15 minutes
Nap on 27th: 13 times/ 30 minutes
Bed on 27th: 12 times/ 25 minutes
Nap on 28th: 2 times/ 5 minutes
Bed on 28th: 4 times/ 10 minutes
Bed on 29th: 1 time/ 5 minutes
Nap on 30th: 1 time/ 3 minutes
Bed on 30th: 7 times/ 25 minutes
Nap on 31st: 0
Bed on 31st: 6 times/ 10 minutes
Nap on the 1st: 2 times
Bed on the 1st: 8 times/ 20 minutes
Nap on 2nd: 4 times/ 15 minutes
Bed on 2nd: 7 times
Nap on 3rd: 2 times
Bed on 3rd: 3 times
Nap on 4th: 1 time
Bed on 4th: 3 times
I continued until the 9th, but they were between 1 time and no times coming out. So over the course of 20 days or so, she is now only getting out of bed at least once or twice. I never wanted to have to lock her in her room, and this really wasn't bad. Kind of annoying at times, but I think she now gets it that she needs to stay in bed once we put her down. Now to get her to sleep through the night without waking up every night at 2:30a.m.(so not cool), the other night it was for a drink of water. And then an hour later for the same thing, and then one more time. Driving me nuts! Although last night she did sleep through the entire night without getting up. Gotta fix this!
-Went to Firehouse Pizzeria for Valentines with Julie for dinner. Got my Garden salad and foccocia bread (mmmmmm), and got Julie some Mac n Cheese. Before eating Julie wouldn't eat until we said a prayer, she just sat there with her arms folded and bowed her head saying, "prayer" while looking up at us. So, Rob said a prayer and she started eating. Loved this moment!
-Loves to help sing "I am a Child of God", and loves to listen to the song on CD over and over and over. We were in my bedroom and she kept saying, "I am a Child of God", but in a way that I didn't quite understand until she said CD. Oh, so I turn on the CD and it just repeats the "I am a Child of God" song. She loves it.
-Found a new blanket that she likes, her "soft blanket" as she calls it. So, she has to have that while sleeping as well, her blankie on one side of her face and the soft blanket laid over her and up on the other side of her face. All cozy and snug as a bug.













No comments:
Post a Comment