Sunday, January 29, 2012

Julie's Birthday

We let her open the presents from us before Rob left for work, so she could have all day to play with them. This first present was the one I got from Australia. I wanted to get her the Teeny Tiny Preemie Cabbage Patch Doll, and the only place I could find them was on Ebay, and all four of them I found were from a seller in Australia, and they were in great condition, a few stains on the clothing but clean otherwise. So I ordered it, and have been very happy with my purchase. And Julie is quite fond of it as well. She loves playing with the one that her grandma and grandpa have at their house, and figured that with a baby on the way, it would be a good doll for her to have right now. She carries it around and talks to it, "Is that better?" "Are you done, are you done, Sleeping?", and it is just so cute to watch her pretend play with it. She is really into the pretend play right now! She talks to all her dolls and animals, gets them right in her face and asks them questions, feeds them food, changes their diapers. so fun to watch!
 Then we also got her a Doctors kit, since she really loves that as well. Both presents have been a hit, she loves them.
 After getting ready, we went and got her a Mylar Winnie the Pooh Happy Birthday Balloon. She loved this and then we went and visited Robert at work, and got to see his new office, instead of his cubicle he has always been in. We visited for a while and Julie had fun wandering around. She had to show Daddy her balloon when we got back into the car. After her nap, I went visiting teaching and she told my partner as we were leaving about her Pooh Balloon.
For dinner, we had a simple meal, we actually had her favorite meal the day before, Macaroni and Cheese, chicken nuggets, cooked broccoli and carrots, and cottage cheese.  Then we had a little get together with family at 7:30. Robs parents came first and Grandpa Taylor helped Julie open her gift from them, which was a stroller. She loved it and immediately started strolling her baby around the house.
She was all pink today!
Then my family came, and all my brothers and sisters were there, even my little nephew Mason. We missed my sisters husband. My mom made an outfit for Julies baby, and she likes me to change the outfit every do often. It was cute, the baby looked all comfy wearing it.
So, after her wardrobe change, we strapped her in and Julie took her for a ride.
Julie can be one stubborn child, and she doesn't show emotion that much, especially when others are around. We have found that she tries to hide her smile as well. My sister or whoever will try to get her to smile, and she will hold her lips together and really try hard to frown.
In this picture, Rob is trying to get her to blow. She knows how to blow, but she wouldn't, I think there was just a lot of people around and she just would not do it, so Rob blew the candles out for her. Since she doesn't like cake or ice cream, my sisters made her sugar cookies. My sister Trina decorated them and they were super cute(thanks Trina), there was Pooh Bear, Hunny Pots, and Bumble Bees. Julie had a couple bites and then didn't want any more. It must have been all the people and new toys to play with. Because she has since ate more of the cookie. It is funny though, because she won't pick the cookie up herself to eat it, she will say Pooh Bear or Honey Pot and want me to pick them up. And then she will bite off a piece. She will try to pick up the cookie without touching the frosting and just can't do it. Silly girl!
We busted out the ice cream for those who wanted it!
My sister took this picture from her phone and emailed it to me. The title of the picture was Basketball. Can you tell why she titled it that, I just laughed when she showed me this picture, she said it looked like I had a bowling ball under my shirt. Haha, cracks me up!
 Are these just the cutest cookies ever.
 Here is all that she ate from her cookie.
 Boys in one room and the girls were all in the kitchen, strange how that always happens.
 My sister who decorated the cookies and her son Mason, every time I see Mason he has changed so much. I sure have a cute little nephew!
 And he was loving Julie's balloon!
I think in all Julie had a great day and has enjoyed everything she got!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Those cookies are so cute! Way to go, Trina. I can't believe Julie doesn't like cake and ice cream. We've been watching our home videos lately, and all 3 of my kids dug right in to their first cakes.

The Morreys said...

Those have to be the cutest cookies I've ever seen. Trina did a great job. It looks like it was a wonderful day for all of you!