Well, after 4 days straight of Julie having a fever, we went in to see the Pediatrician this morning. I had called on the third day and talked to the nurse, and she told us to keep doing what we were doing rotating between Tylenol and Ibuprofen and if she still has a fever tomorrow, then we should probably bring her in. So, the fever is all she pretty much has besides being kind of stuffy. So, this morning when she woke up she had a fever and then I checked a few minutes later, and it was going down and made it down to normal. She hasn't had any medicine since 11:30 that night and her temperature stayed normal until about 10:30. It was about 99.6, so I called and made an appointment.
I think from the last two flu shots she got, she remembers where she got them and when we drove into the parking lot of the doctors, I went to get her out and she kept saying, "no, no, no". Poor thing, and then when they called us back, she walked with me to the door, and then turned around and wouldn't go any further, I had to pick her up and she just started to cry. She was thinking she was going to get a shot probably. She was okay once in the room and started playing with the alphabet letters, and other toys. Her ears were fine. She had some nasty mucous running down the back of her throat, which the doctor said was a sinus infection, so he wrote out a prescription for her for the next 10 days. And he said her fever should be gone within the next 48 hours. Since she had a cold the week before Christmas, this is just something that followed. So glad we can now get her feeling better. And hopefully eating better, she hardly has ate anything besides pasta, milk, and raisins. Although she loves "candy" any time. And I hope it will also help her sleep better at night.
I think these last three weeks have been like we have a newborn again, because she will wake up at 11:00 and then again around 3-4:00a.m., when she has been sleeping through the night since 2 months. She likes her sleep and will go back to sleep really well. She is definitely preparing me for waking up at nights with this new baby coming. And I have realized that I can handle it, granted I will be a lot more tired. Anyways, looks like she is on the mend and she has had a low fever all day today, and this afternoon and evening has been one HAPPY kid. I let her rummage through the cupboards while I was fixing dinner, and she was having fun chowing down on peanuts, and I let her because of her crappy eating lately. She loved them.
I think these last three weeks have been like we have a newborn again, because she will wake up at 11:00 and then again around 3-4:00a.m., when she has been sleeping through the night since 2 months. She likes her sleep and will go back to sleep really well. She is definitely preparing me for waking up at nights with this new baby coming. And I have realized that I can handle it, granted I will be a lot more tired. Anyways, looks like she is on the mend and she has had a low fever all day today, and this afternoon and evening has been one HAPPY kid. I let her rummage through the cupboards while I was fixing dinner, and she was having fun chowing down on peanuts, and I let her because of her crappy eating lately. She loved them.













No comments:
Post a Comment