Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rice Cereal

Tonight was Julie's first time eating Rice Cereal, and it wasn't quite a hit. We did get some down, but I don't think it was very much. I don't know if it was just something different or the fact that she was in the process of messing her pants(which we didn't know until afterwords). She would not open her mouth, we had to use our fingers just to get the spoon in her mouth.
First attempt, not so great, but we will try again tomorrow.
The faces she was making were just too cute.

6 comments:

Lacey said...

I love the face she's making in the second picture... classic! Food from a spoon takes some getting used to, but I'm sure she'll be a pro in no time. :)

Ryan and Michelle said...

I agree, that second pic is fabulous! Are you mixing it with milk or water? Have you tasted that stuff? It is not yummy. Austin wouldn't eat it unless we mixed with milk so it had some flavor. He liked it much more when we could add other flavors. She's probably too young for anything other than milk with it. Practice will help. What a cutie!!

Anonymous said...

I love her faces! It took a few tries before Carson would take it well. Carson likes it better mixed with either milk/formula or apple juice. I noticed that if you mix the cereal with breastmilk, it gets watery really quick so now I mix it with formula.
She'll get the hang of it pretty quick - before you know it she'll be lunging for the spoon because you can get the food in her mouth fast enough:)

Mike, Heidi, and Matthew said...

How exciting that she is in the process of eating rice cereal. It is so much fun once they start eating. Good luck! She will eventually get the hang of it.

Heather Taylor Photography said...

hehehe.... so cute! She'll get used to it and hopefully she'll like it better everyday! We like to mix in a little of the Gerber apple or pear juice with it to help their, um, "system" flow better, too. ;) LOL.

David and Amy said...

LOVE THE PICS! What a beautiful young lady - and what memorable photos!