Well, I am now 28 years old, and that to me sounds old! When did this happen? Really, time just seems to get away from me sometimes. Well, today was a good day, last night before heading to bed I stuck some pork tenderloins in two crockpots with onions and Worcestershire sauce over the top and went to bed. This morning our house smelled divine, and then at around 10:00 I took all the fat off and onions and pulled it and stuck it back in with some bbq sauce and let it sit for an hour. Rob came home for lunch and we had pulled pork sandwiches, they were really good. I plan to freeze all the rest so that we can have it whenever.
This evening we went over to my parents house to have some cake, I would have made my own cake, but Kerri told me that you are not supposed to make your own cake. So, my mom made me a lime jello poke cake with whip cream on top. So good! We met at my parents house at 6:30, and I made a wish and blew out the candles.
It was such a nice evening. We had a summer thunderstorm come threw earlier in the day. My mom hooked up the swing for Julie and she took her first ride. She loved it! She would giggle every time the swing would come back in our direction.
She grabs at everything, and she now is opening and closing her hands all the time while staring at them. She does this over and over all day long.
She also has been feeling everything. She will scratch at the wall while I am changing her diaper, and she will rub her blanket in between her fingers. Basically anything she touches she will scratch at it.
She also does horsey rides, just set her on your knee and she will rock like she is riding a horse, except she does all the work, it is so fun to watch! We weighed her on the Wii the other night and she weighed about 17 1/2 lbs. Whoa! Is that why my back is always hurting!
And I ended my day by picking weeds in my garden, basically it is a futile effort, but you have to start somewhere. My goal is just to be able to see the plants we planted, lol, I have got a long way to go. Wish me luck!
In all it was a great day!
She also does horsey rides, just set her on your knee and she will rock like she is riding a horse, except she does all the work, it is so fun to watch! We weighed her on the Wii the other night and she weighed about 17 1/2 lbs. Whoa! Is that why my back is always hurting!
And I ended my day by picking weeds in my garden, basically it is a futile effort, but you have to start somewhere. My goal is just to be able to see the plants we planted, lol, I have got a long way to go. Wish me luck!
In all it was a great day!













4 comments:
Happy Birthday Christin!!! A birthday and an anniversary all in the same week... I hope you had lots of fun celebrating both!!! And I've determined that 28 in not really as old as it sounds. :)
Happy Birthday! Kerri is right, you are not supposed to make your own birthday cake. :) I'm glad your mom made you one. It sounds like you had an awesome day! I really want some pulled pork now. :)
I love all the cute photo's of you and Rob. Happy 5th anniversary!
I am glad that you had a super birthday. Good luck with weeding. I am finding it is never ending but feels great once you put forth the effort. The results are rewarding.
Julie looks SO cute in that swing!!
Glad you had a great birthday and anniversary! It's one big party month for you guys, huh? :)
Post a Comment