17 months, that means one more month until she goes into nursery(without us), we still take her in during Sunday School and then she goes with either Rob or I into YW or Elders Quorum. I think she is ready for nursery and will do fine once she is in there without us. She doesn't want to leave after Sunday School. So exciting!
-She is really into coloring right now, she has been using a bag of old crayons that I have had that are all broken, and so I pulled out her new crayons and she had the best time. I went off to make dinner thinking that she would be following after me in a few minutes. Well, I pretty much made all of dinner without her even moving from her chair, which was like more than an hour. She would occasionally start whining because a crayon fell on the floor and she needed me to pick it up for her(since she didn't want to get off of her chair to get it), then I would go back to fixing dinner. After I got done making my spaghetti sauce and had it simmering I went in to check on her and found her putting all the crayons back into the container, all facing the right way. She had the box pretty full, she was so content just playing with those new crayons. She would carry as much as she could to another room until they were all in their with her, and then move them to the next room, or if I was in the bathroom, they would be in the doorway and she would sit down on the floor and just sit there so happy with all her crayons.
She loves pretend playing with her bowl and spoon or fork that she has around the house. She will stir away and then taste it, while saying "Taste it", and so after her yogurt she always wants the spoon and container, although once she gets her hand inside the container and it gets all dirty, she complains for her hand to be washed. She will not even try to feed herself even when I give her the container full. She will sometimes use a fork to stab at things, but that is it.
-She is really into coloring right now, she has been using a bag of old crayons that I have had that are all broken, and so I pulled out her new crayons and she had the best time. I went off to make dinner thinking that she would be following after me in a few minutes. Well, I pretty much made all of dinner without her even moving from her chair, which was like more than an hour. She would occasionally start whining because a crayon fell on the floor and she needed me to pick it up for her(since she didn't want to get off of her chair to get it), then I would go back to fixing dinner. After I got done making my spaghetti sauce and had it simmering I went in to check on her and found her putting all the crayons back into the container, all facing the right way. She had the box pretty full, she was so content just playing with those new crayons. She would carry as much as she could to another room until they were all in their with her, and then move them to the next room, or if I was in the bathroom, they would be in the doorway and she would sit down on the floor and just sit there so happy with all her crayons.
She loves pretend playing with her bowl and spoon or fork that she has around the house. She will stir away and then taste it, while saying "Taste it", and so after her yogurt she always wants the spoon and container, although once she gets her hand inside the container and it gets all dirty, she complains for her hand to be washed. She will not even try to feed herself even when I give her the container full. She will sometimes use a fork to stab at things, but that is it.
She has flip flops but she doesn't like to wear them for very long, she will usually end up stiff legged when we put them on her. The other day I put socks on her because the house was so cold and I didn't want her feet to freeze when I laid her down for her nap, so after her nap she wanted me to put her flip flops on over her socks, she kept them on for quite awhile. I just think they were so cute, and look so uncomfortable.
She loves to play with our shoes and try them on, she always takes my Sunday shoes out of my closet and takes them through out the house and here she is sticking her foot with her crocs into Robs boots. She was having fun until her foot got stuck and she couldn't pull it out. So, being the mom, I had to get a picture before rescuing her.
Still loves her baby signing time, and loves to sit and lounge in her new chair while watching, this is her morning ritual while I get ready!
Funny thing, the other day we gave her a peanut butter and jam sandwich cut in slices. She started whining and we were wondering what was up. We check and find that she has a chunk of bread stuck to the top of her mouth that she can't get off. So we start to help her by sticking our fingers in to get it off, and it was stuck on there GOOD, we really had to pry to get it off. She was not very happy! Haha, it was kind of funny though! Hate it when that happens!
She still does not give kisses, when we ask for a kiss she will just lean her head toward you so that you can give her a kiss on her cheek or forehead. Although, lately if you ask her for a kiss, she will come to you and pucker her lips, but not always. And she loves to hug her dolls and stuffed animals. She also loves her "bankie", she sleeps with this every night and during nap time, it is the only blanket she has during nap time besides her sleep sack.
This is an old picture, but is shows the blanket that she "loves", she is not super attached to it, but she does prefer it, although she generally likes any soft blanket that she has. She will find the ones I keep under her crib and just snuggle with them.
Her favorite foods right now are watermelon(loves this), bananas, kiwi, noodles, wheat bread, and those are just some of her most eaten foods, she eats a lot of other foods as well.
We love this little gal, and it really is true that each stage of life just gets better and better.
She still does not give kisses, when we ask for a kiss she will just lean her head toward you so that you can give her a kiss on her cheek or forehead. Although, lately if you ask her for a kiss, she will come to you and pucker her lips, but not always. And she loves to hug her dolls and stuffed animals. She also loves her "bankie", she sleeps with this every night and during nap time, it is the only blanket she has during nap time besides her sleep sack.
This is an old picture, but is shows the blanket that she "loves", she is not super attached to it, but she does prefer it, although she generally likes any soft blanket that she has. She will find the ones I keep under her crib and just snuggle with them.
Her favorite foods right now are watermelon(loves this), bananas, kiwi, noodles, wheat bread, and those are just some of her most eaten foods, she eats a lot of other foods as well.
We love this little gal, and it really is true that each stage of life just gets better and better.













1 comment:
Oh, the differences between boys and girls. The boys will color for 5 minutes tops and I have to watch them because they still like to put them in their mouths. There is NO WAY I could leave them watching a show on a lap top. I can't believe she is not trying to touch it and type. But, like Julie they are good eaters. She is getting so big!
Post a Comment