Wednesday, June 15, 2011

ABC's and Twinkle, Twinkle

Julie loves her ABC's, we sing the ABC song all the time, and she likes to help with the letters, and then at the end of the alphabet when you sing "Now I know my ABC's..." I stop after my and she says the ABC part and then at the very end she will say, "me". 
She loves the Dr. Seuss ABC book, that is probably her favorite book right now. Anytime she sees it, she will bring it to me saying, "ABC's ABC's" and also she is now saying "story" when she want to be read to. Cutest thing ever, and while reading the Dr. Seuss book, she can say each letter, some are better to understand than others. I will point to the letter and she will say it, and when we get to "I", the next page says, "Icobod is Itchy", she says the itchy part. I think after only reading this to her once, she was flipping through the pages all by herself and when she got to "I", she pointed to the word itchy, and said it. I was kind of shocked! She really does love this book and will flip through it quite frequently. Whenever she sees something with letters on it, she will say "ABC", or she will point to a letter and tell me what it is. She also loves the letters, M, W, O, I, and Z, oh and also P. Those are some of the ones she really knows well.
She will also help us with the ending of each phrase of "Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star"
She is trying new words all the time now, some of her recent ones are "Open, or Open It", when she wants a door open(since she loves to open and close doors now, although she hates it when they actually latch shut, and she can't continue to open and shut them anymore, meaning she gets stuck in the room and starts whining for us to come help). She says "I do, I do, I do" whenever she wants to be picked up, or lifted over something. I am not quite sure what she is actually trying to say on this one. Darn, that is all I can think of at the moment, I really need a notebook with me all the time to write down her cute sayings and words!

No comments: