Sunday, June 5, 2011

I don't Text. . .

. . . but if I did, here are some rules that our Bishop gave the YM/YW/leaders today. He gave them 3 rules to follow:

1. Wait 5 minutes before responding to texts, emails, facebook, and twitter. It helps you to think before you write, so your not writing something stupid. 

2. Use correct grammer(I hope that is how you spell this) and punctuation. Meaning, spell it out, no abbreviations! Don't forget the language that we speak!

3. Don't write anything that you wouldn't say to them face to face!

There you go, I really liked his thoughts on each one of these and also, if you are talking to someone face to face, and you get a text, don't answer it immediately. Don't ignore the person you are talking to, no one likes to talk to someone who is texting while your talking to them. Sometimes I think texting has gotten way out of hand.
One thing I will say, PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT TEXT WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING! You do not want to injure yourself or someone else because you had to answer a text. It can wait! It is not worth it!

2 comments:

clair said...

Bishop talked about these same rules in the combined meeting last Sunday and I really liked them too. I don't text either and completely agree, texting has gotten way out of hand! It's sick.

Mike, Heidi, and Matthew said...

Great thoughts! What a wise man.