With the rain that we have been having lately, there have been MANY chances to play in the rain. This is Julie's first time, and she was having a ball. She loved the water coming out of the rain gutter, her feet got soaked.
She LOVES bubbles and so we took the bubbles out with us. They just stuck to the lawn, since it was raining, they did not pop for awhile. Julie would try to grab them and since her hands were also wet, the bubbles would also stick to her hands without popping. It was kind of fun!
She kept getting water on her head because the awning was right where she was at, so I stuck her hood on and that helped.
Trying to look up inside, and she stuck her hand in a few times like she was trying to grab something out of there.
I love how little kids can sit like this for forever, my knees would be killing me!
I was getting her to say "Hi, Mommy" in these photos, it was so cute.
What a cutie!
These were some shoes that I had gotten at a garage sale a while ago, and pulled them out today to see if they fit. They do for the most part, she broke them in quite nicely from the rain shower they got.
She would go out into the rain, and try to reach the handle on the trailer. Every time she would look up the rain got her in the face, so her she is trying to get it while looking down and away!
I might have mentioned this before, but our garden is finally planted, and that tree in the picture here is going to be removed next week, and the three trees next to this one are going to get a serious pruning, as in we are not going to have apples this year. We had hardly any blossoms last year, and this year every branch was covered to the brim, and I do not want to be picking up all those apples in the fall every time I mow the lawn. We will get them pruned early the next year and sprayed so that we can get apples with no worms.
Our garden is doing well so far, we planted about a week ago and half of my beans are coming up already. I planted 5 rows, half of all 5 rows are coming up. The half that are in full sun just poked up yesterday, the other half are shaded by the tree, which is why it is going. And we also planted 4 tomato plants. I have yet to plant my zucchini, and onions. I will plant those after the tree comes down. Don't want to risk my zucchini plant dying. I think next year if Rob will let me, I am going to do the Square Foot Gardening (my sister in laws have done it and love it), I was reading this website www.mysquarefootgarden.net, and really want to do it next year. Also, Shandra on Deals to Meals just started one this year and having no weeds is the big plus for me.
I finally had to drag her inside to warm up and take her wet clothes off. After taking them off, she headed for one of her favorite cupboards.
I loved watching her play and have fun in the rain!













1 comment:
She's so cute playing in the rain!! Love how curious and smart she is! Those shoes are pretty darn adorable, too. :)
Post a Comment