Saturday, June 18, 2011

Busy Girl and Signing Fun!

-Go, go, go, Julie always says this while signing "Go, Go, Go" accompanied usually with the bubble sign. Usually every morning before lunch we find ourselves in the backyard blowing bubbles while Julie runs around. She will run and run while I blow bubbles and half the time not even see the bubbles that I am blowing, so I put the lid on to put it away. She always see me putting the lid on, and say "bubbles", and so I get it back out and she run and runs again. Such a busy little girl. She really loves being outside!
Every time I tell her we are going somewhere, she immediately starts saying and signing bubbles. 
She is a dawdler also, if I tell her we need to change her diaper and I go to pick her up, she will giggle and run the other way. Her laugh is just about the cutest thing EVER, and finally I just run after her and snatch her up, to which she fusses and whines.
-I absolutely love that Julie can sign, it has made life so much easier. Although now she can basically say the word of what she wants, but she will also sign it as well. We were outside in our front yard this afternoon just enjoying the weather. Julie loves to sit on the steps up to our house, she will get to the bottom and then sit, or she will keep backing up until she feels the bottom step with her feet/legs and then sit her bum down(sometimes she misses), and she will stand up and sit down over and over while saying/signing "up" and "down", and then she will get up and start running down the sidewalk which is kind of sloped, so it kind of scares me. I will sign "walk", which she in turns signs/says "run", and we will just go back and forth doing this. She usually will slow down when I tell her to walk. I don't know how long we sat out there, watching all the birds that came by. She loves "birds", it is so funny to watch her sign "bird". You use your finger and your thumb at your mouth facing outwards and open and close them. Well, Julie does that but they face toward her lips, and now she basically squeezes her nose, and says "bird, bird". So funny. Since she knows her alphabet pretty well, I decided to test her ability to say the letters that I sign. She was able to tell me each letter of the alphabet that I signed to her. All of them, minus a couple. Way to go, Julie! I didn't know she knew all of them.
-She also had a pretend conversation on the phone with Daddy after grabbing my phone off the counter. She held it up to her ear and said, "Hi, Daddy", and then said something about her shoes, and then I told her to day bye, and she said "bye", and then I took the phone. She has never done this before, and I just thought it so cute. And also, tonight when Rob came home from riding and he opened the garage, Julie kept saying " Hi, Daddy, Daddy, Daddy" until he came inside. She doesn't usually say it so much like that.
-She has found my Bobby pillow, and it is her new toy that she loves to play with and lay on.

No comments: