Saturday, December 31, 2011

23 Months

Well, my squirt is almost 2, that is just crazy! Julie is starting to talk a lot more in complete sentences. I love it when something goes wrong and she says, "What happened" in the most concerned voice. She says that phrase a lot. 
-She got her last flu shot and did awesome, Rob was home and so he came with me. I couldn't even tell when they gave it to her, she might have frowned for a second, but other than that, she was good. Her leg bugged her just a little before nap time and we gave her some medicine and then she was good. 
-She is such a sober kid, trying to get her to smile for a picture is quite difficult.
-She has some crazy sleeping positions, I am certain if her big girl bed did not have rails she would be constantly falling on the floor. Every time we go in to check on her before we go to bed, she is some crazy position that we have to move her from. Yesterday, she was completely turned around up in the corner of her bed right next to the rails.
-Since her cold last week, she has been getting up in the middle of the night, and she will come into our room. I usually wake up to her opening her door. The first couple of night we let her sleep in our bed for a while and then we would move her back into her bed. But, I did not want to make that a habit, so when I hear her opening her door, I will get up and sit with her in the chair in her room for a little while and then lay her back down in her bed, and she would go back to sleep. Although, Christmas morning, she got up at 4:30, and not long after putting her back into bed, we would hear her door open. This happened 4 times, and finally after the last time I put her down, she stayed asleep, but I had to get ready. So, I was pretty tired Christmas morning. Hopefully this does not last forever.
-She loves to run and hide in the coat closet, she giggles and giggles every time. She also loves to run into her room and hide under her bed. She has gotten pretty good at getting under there fast, especially when it is time to change her. She will run in, plop down on the floor and then roll under all the way to the wall. I can't really get under there to get her, so I just wait for her to come back out.
-She has been starting to get Mad when I tell her no, or not to do something. She doesn't scream or anything, she just clenches her jaw, and her body will get tight and she will look like she just wants to swing at something, and just will swing her arms around. Like she is just not quite sure what to do with what she is feeling.
-After her bath the other day, her hair gets quite the curl to it. Here is some fun flippies by her ears that were just the cutest thing, and lasted like that until her next bath. I think I am going to get her bangs trimmed a bit, so they are not always in her face if they are not swept to the side.
-She is also my water drinker, she usually has at least 3 water bottles around the house, she likes to carry more than one. And she got this new one from her Great Aunt Laverna and and she loves it. She always is asking me to fill up her water bottles.
 -Julie loves to see what her Daddy is doing and she was enjoying laying on his chest while he was playing a game on his phone.
-One thing that has been driving me crazy is that she always wants to watch "Pooh Bear" on the lap top. I only usually let her watch it when I am getting ready in the morning, but she constantly wants to watch it. Drives me nuts, because she is constantly saying, "Watch Pooh Bear".

No comments: