Monday, December 5, 2011

28 Weeks and Julie

 Well, I am now in my third trimester! The baby is super active in the evenings! Still trying to think of names, we like to use family names or variations off of a family name. Some names that we found are really interesting, and that we won't be using are Gertrude and Agnes. Picking a name is really quite difficult!
I am feeling pretty much the same as usual. We got some of the basement cleaned today. I put away my sewing table and stuff that was cluttering our family room downstairs, and moved it into a bedroom downstairs and then we organized the food storage room, and are getting rid of anything with an expiration date of 2009 or before, and then stocked the shelves back up with cans that have been taking up space in our living space. So we have no more cans lying around our basement, they are in there proper place. And then we put all the toilet paper and Kleenex's and other storage things in the closet. Our next thing is we have got to get a book shelf. So fun to get the basement a little more put together.
And here is Julie with her new coat, she loves it.
 Whenever I let her choose something from her Halloween bag, she usually will always choose a sucker or a reeses peanut butter cup. She doesn't drool as much anymore while eating, which is a plus.
 Watching her cousins at Thanksgiving has gotten her into drinking from a cup. And she is doing quite well at it now. She has had a little bit of practice, the only thing she plays with in the tub while having a bath is a little plastic cup that she uses to catch the running water as the tub fills up, and then will dump it back in the water or put it up to her mouth to drink it. But, I think she is really getting the hang of drinking out of a cup.
 Enjoying her sucker! This is usually where she will eat also, on her knees at the counter!
 Last night a little after laying Julie down for bed, she started crying! We left her for 10 minutes or so to see if she would calm down, because the days before this she has done this and just wants to be taken in the other room. So, I finally went in there to calm her down and see what was the matter. Oh my gosh, in the dark all I saw was that her face looked really dark, like dark brown. I immediately knew what it was and yelled for Rob to turn on the light because her face was COVERED in blood. Including both her hands and into her hair on one side. And then this big blood spot on her pillow. 
So NOT what I wanted to see, it was a scary thing to see every inch of her face, including her eyes covered in blood. I had snorted her nose earlier that morning, and it was a little bloody and so I stopped. With it being so dry and all, she just got a good bloody nose. She will rub her nose and say Kleenex, and has been waking up from naps because of her nose bothering her. So, we carried her into the bathroom and stripped her down and gave her a bath. She cried and cried until we got her all dried off. Poor kid, I wish I would have gone in sooner, but didn't know. She watched a little bit of Pooh Bear before we laid her back down for the night. Holy Moly, I never want to see that much blood again. I threw all of her blankets and clothes and things into the wash on a cold rinse and then washed them, and they came out clean, but the pillow was a total loss, there really isn't a way of cleaning that and we have a lot of pillows, so we just grabbed her a new one. She slept well for the rest of the night and even fell asleep while I was reading her book before nap time. She was a tired girl!
-We went to my parents house on Sunday, and Julie was holding her bottom and saying "Go Potty", which she usually just wants to go sit on the potty. I asked if she needed her diaper changed. Next thing I know, my Dad went running into the bathroom and caught Julie as her bum went falling into the toilet water. Luckily only her pants got wet, and I had some pants int he diaper bag. But, she had climbed onto the Big Potty all by herself. Glad my Dad saw her and ran in there. She will usually go on the Potty at night right before bed, and always wants to sit on her potty through out the day, maybe we will have to work on Potty stuff a little more. 
-She is talking in longer sentences now and using more words, she will tell me, "I have a sore bottom", which doesn't always mean she has pooped. She loves her "Purple diaper" and "blue diaper". It is fun to sign I love you, and then Julie will say it back. 
-She is becoming a little sneak, where she will take something and run into a corner and hide or under her bed. While I was taking a shower she snatched an old toothpaste that we have in the drawer, I came into the family room and didn't hear or see anything, so I peeked around the corner of the couch and there she was trying to get the lid off, being so quiet. 
-She knows that the crib is the babies bed.
-She really is becoming a little girl, and it makes me sad and happy all at the same time!

4 comments:

Ryan and Michelle said...

So scary to go in and find her covered in blood! I can't believe she stayed in her bed with that going on. I've heard you can wash pillows in the washer on a low spin cycle and then put them in the dryer with a tennis ball. The ball bounces around so the filling doesn't get all matted up. I haven't tried it yet. But with the blood and extra pillows, I prob would have tossed it too :)

The Taylor LIfe said...

Ya, I just didn't want to have to deal with the pillow, so we tossed it. And really, I don't know why she didn't come out either, she is just really good at staying in bed, although I wish she would have come out.

Lacey said...

So I know I say it in every comment I leave, but you are the cutest pregnant woman. Seriously. :) We had a really hard time deciding on Violet's name too... good luck! Julie is so adorable. And your van is awesome! You'd been driving your old one for a LONG time, so I'm sure you're loving your new wheels. :)

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Wow, poor girl!! Glad it was "just" a bloody nose. Poor thing. :( I would have tossed the bloody stuff too!