We had Christmas Eve dinner at my parents house at 6:00, and we had a good time visiting and eating. We always use the nice china, always fun to use the fancy stuff.
Julie has become a little picky with her food lately, and she will not eat potatoes or chicken(any meat except ham), and so she had a lot of green beans and roll.
We all tried to get Julie to smile for some pictures, but she is pretty sober and wouldn't.
She loves to take her temperature, she will stick it in her ear and then look at it and say "197". We have an ear thermometer and when she finds it in our room, we always have to check her temperature.
I made some cookies that I saw on Pinterest, and they turned out yummy, the white one is made using a cake mix, butter, and eggs. They are super soft and chewy and just so good. The other was a gingerbread cookie that was good as well.
My sister brought these cinnamon tortillas that she made with my sister and homemade fruit salsa. They were so good!
Just chillin in the front room. I swear whenever my brothers and Rob get together, they are all doing the same thing, either staring at their phones or computers. Katie got to sit in the middle of them all.
Julie was having fun upstairs looking at the tree. She would try to get really close and she would lean in and just stare intently at something. It was so funny, we would try to get her attention and she would just ignore us and keep staring at the tree and then move into another spot and do the same thing. We watched a little bit of Monsters Inc.(my mom had never seen it), and then headed home to get Julie to bed and us as well.
Her tired face!
She loves to wash her hands in the sink, she will say "Wash, wash, I use soap and water"(from her signing time DVD).
We were able to get her to open all her gifts and we let her play while we ate some breakfast. We basically took her breakfast with us to church, since she usually only eats raisins, and I also grabbed some bread as well. We were a little later than normal getting to church and had to sit on the back row, which meant Julie was going to want to wander, which she did a little bit, but not bad. We had a lovely meeting, with one speaker, some scripture reading and musical numbers.
Upon arriving home, Julie went back to playing with her gifts while Rob and I opened our presents to each other.
Rob got me a waffle maker, yeah! Ours broke a while ago and we have been wanting waffles and weren't able to make them.
I got Rob some pants and shirts, and this Saranoni Adult size blanket. It is the same blanket that Julie has and carries around everywhere. It is so luxuriously super soft!
Rob also got me a Magic Bullet Baby Bullet for making baby food. I will probably only use it for smaller batches, as I will probably make big batches and just use our blender. But I think this will be good for just little things we don't want to have to use the big blender for. We will see how I like it!
After opening our gifts we headed over to my parents house, they were just finishing up opening gifts and so Robert and I opened up the gifts from my parents and my brother who had our name. I got some baby food making related stuff, like a steamer pot. And we got some Tovolo perfect cube ice cube trays from my brother with a spatula that I wanted. I also got a baby log book from my parents to track the babies schedule. So excited to use it. Rob also got a leather belt and some chocolates.
Got Julie and I a little lunch before heading home so Julie could get a little nap in. She of course had to play with her kitchen some more before heading to bed, but went down around 2:00 and slept until 4:00. So glad she got a little nap. After her nap we headed to Robs parents for dinner. I didn't get any pictures, but I will have to get some from my sister in law who I know took pictures :), we had a good evening and loved hanging out and chatting with everyone. What a lovely day, and Julie even slept all through the night.
Next year we are going to have to try implementing some new traditions! I realized I didn't even get our morning family Christmas picture of all of us!
Julie has become a little picky with her food lately, and she will not eat potatoes or chicken(any meat except ham), and so she had a lot of green beans and roll.
We all tried to get Julie to smile for some pictures, but she is pretty sober and wouldn't.
She loves to take her temperature, she will stick it in her ear and then look at it and say "197". We have an ear thermometer and when she finds it in our room, we always have to check her temperature.
I made some cookies that I saw on Pinterest, and they turned out yummy, the white one is made using a cake mix, butter, and eggs. They are super soft and chewy and just so good. The other was a gingerbread cookie that was good as well.
My sister brought these cinnamon tortillas that she made with my sister and homemade fruit salsa. They were so good!
Just chillin in the front room. I swear whenever my brothers and Rob get together, they are all doing the same thing, either staring at their phones or computers. Katie got to sit in the middle of them all.
Julie was having fun upstairs looking at the tree. She would try to get really close and she would lean in and just stare intently at something. It was so funny, we would try to get her attention and she would just ignore us and keep staring at the tree and then move into another spot and do the same thing. We watched a little bit of Monsters Inc.(my mom had never seen it), and then headed home to get Julie to bed and us as well.
Our first Christmas at home and since we had church at 9:00, I got up early to get ready. But Julie decided she wanted to get up even earlier, like at 4:00. And instead of getting up and then going back to sleep, she decided to get up 3 more times after each time we put her down. Finally, she fell asleep, and then it was time for me to get ready, so I got about 4 hours of sleep. Not what I planned on.
We were debating whether to bring her kitchen up before church or after, and decided just to bring it up before. Both of us were able to get up and ready before she woke up and we even had to wake her up, probably since she was so tired from not sleeping at night when she was supposed to be. Anyways, we got her changed and put her dress on before she left her room, so that we were all ready. I was kind of bummed, when the lights came on, there was a section that were out. The morning of Christmas and they stop working, oh well!
When she came out, we told her Merry Christmas and I don't even think she saw the kitchen, because she went right past it to the presents, we had to turn her around an point to it. She then started playing with it and pushing the oven lights on and off. We had her open her gifts, which I think from being so tired she was getting a little frustrated. If the wrapping didn't come all the way off or if she couldn't get it off, she would start getting upset. And if Rob didn't get them out of the package quick enough, she would get upset.We were debating whether to bring her kitchen up before church or after, and decided just to bring it up before. Both of us were able to get up and ready before she woke up and we even had to wake her up, probably since she was so tired from not sleeping at night when she was supposed to be. Anyways, we got her changed and put her dress on before she left her room, so that we were all ready. I was kind of bummed, when the lights came on, there was a section that were out. The morning of Christmas and they stop working, oh well!
Her tired face!
She loves to wash her hands in the sink, she will say "Wash, wash, I use soap and water"(from her signing time DVD).
We were able to get her to open all her gifts and we let her play while we ate some breakfast. We basically took her breakfast with us to church, since she usually only eats raisins, and I also grabbed some bread as well. We were a little later than normal getting to church and had to sit on the back row, which meant Julie was going to want to wander, which she did a little bit, but not bad. We had a lovely meeting, with one speaker, some scripture reading and musical numbers.
Upon arriving home, Julie went back to playing with her gifts while Rob and I opened our presents to each other.
Rob got me a waffle maker, yeah! Ours broke a while ago and we have been wanting waffles and weren't able to make them.
I got Rob some pants and shirts, and this Saranoni Adult size blanket. It is the same blanket that Julie has and carries around everywhere. It is so luxuriously super soft!
Rob also got me a Magic Bullet Baby Bullet for making baby food. I will probably only use it for smaller batches, as I will probably make big batches and just use our blender. But I think this will be good for just little things we don't want to have to use the big blender for. We will see how I like it!
After opening our gifts we headed over to my parents house, they were just finishing up opening gifts and so Robert and I opened up the gifts from my parents and my brother who had our name. I got some baby food making related stuff, like a steamer pot. And we got some Tovolo perfect cube ice cube trays from my brother with a spatula that I wanted. I also got a baby log book from my parents to track the babies schedule. So excited to use it. Rob also got a leather belt and some chocolates.
Got Julie and I a little lunch before heading home so Julie could get a little nap in. She of course had to play with her kitchen some more before heading to bed, but went down around 2:00 and slept until 4:00. So glad she got a little nap. After her nap we headed to Robs parents for dinner. I didn't get any pictures, but I will have to get some from my sister in law who I know took pictures :), we had a good evening and loved hanging out and chatting with everyone. What a lovely day, and Julie even slept all through the night.
Next year we are going to have to try implementing some new traditions! I realized I didn't even get our morning family Christmas picture of all of us!













No comments:
Post a Comment