Sunday, February 20, 2011

Shoes and Tantrums!

Just before Julies birthday, I went to Kohls and tried some shoes on Julie. She was walking and so instead of getting her socks dirty all the time, we thought it was time to get her used to wearing shoes. She did not like me putting them on her, and would start to whimper until I took them off. I bought these shoes in a size 4,
 and another pair of cute pink shoes in a size 5, not knowing how fast her feet would grow. We tried them on her after Robert came home and she would just stand there and not move and just whine. It was kind of funny. We took them off, and then put them on again while she was eating dinner(while she was distracted), and she kept them on. She was still a little hesitant about them, but got used to them pretty quick. She has no problem with them now. The only problem we have now is that she is growing out of her clothes. Her pants hardly even touch her shoes. I went shopping the other day to get her some 18 month pants, the length was just right, but the waist was too big. So, I am glad that Spring is coming, so that she can wear 12 month capris and shorts! I swear she grew over night!
 Julie likes to get into my cookbook stash, and she was having fun reading one of them here.
 The other day I got a taste of her having quite a few "tandrums" she must have been having a bad day. She was just getting frustrated with everything, and she would start getting mad that she couldn't do whatever she was trying to do. She even screamed a few times. Is it weird that I love hearing ALL the noises she makes, even if she is screaming, at least for a little while. I know she is learning and trying to figure things out, but man, I didn't think it would start so early. She has mellowed down the last couple days!

4 comments:

Mike, Heidi, and Matthew said...

I love the shoes.She always looks so pretty and nicely dressed.

bobandhaley said...

Oh man, the tantrums are not fun. My boys sometimes throw them and will throw themselves on the floor and just cry and be mad. I guess it is kinda funny to watch. Good luck ;)

Ryan and Michelle said...

I know what you mean about the pants and shorts. We're looking forward to summer for the same reason! One thing that helps us is the pants with adjustable waists. They carry them at Kohl's and Penny's. Inside the waist is elastic and you hook it on a button. Austin always starts out with very bunchy waists when he gets new pants! Wait until Julie starts potty training. It'll be worse when she doesn't have a diaper!
Teach her to start cooking yummy things like you. Cookbooks have such colorful pictures!

Heather Taylor Photography said...

It's amazing how quickly they grow out of their clothes! She's adorable. Allie had those same shoes. : And for a point of reference, Allie's in size 5 and sometimes 6 now.