Well, on Sunday my Sciatica Pain lasted
pretty much ALL DAY long, which meant a lot of walking really slow, and
pain with each step I took. Oh man, and then continued today, I have
been doing some Pelvic Tilts and Squats today to help alleviate the
pain. And it does help for a while, I just need to keep doing it to
build up my muscles. But, oh my, sciatica pain is so AWFUL, I have a
doctors appointment this week so hopefully I can get some pain relief.
If ANYONE has any suggestions to help me out, PLEASE leave a comment.
Went
to the Park today, but didn't actually make it to the park. Got Julie
out of the car, and realized that was as far as I was going to get.
Walked around to the other side and sat in the door of the car while
Julie sat on the curb eating some graham crackers. Finally was able to
get her in the car and strapped up and we headed home. Whoa, so painful!
I was meeting someone from my ward there and just had to leave. I came
home and just cried for a second, I wanted to take Julie to the park and
I just couldn't, I did not like that at all. Once home, I called the
doctor! The nurse called me back after work hours and gave me some
stretching exercises to do, and I will say after stretching it does feel
a lot better. If that doesn't help by Wednesday, I will go see a
chiropractor or a physical therapist. Got to stretch that muscle! I sure
hope it helps!
We were going to go
to the Pumpkin Walk tonight as well, and so I did some stretching and
then we were going to head out, but realized I wasn't going to be able
to do it. Walking just wasn't going to work tonight, poo, and it is
supposed to rain tonight. Tomorrow is the last day, and I will be so
bummed if I miss going, it will be my first year of not going. I so hope
that I feel good enough to walk tomorrow.
So, other than that, the baby is moving around a lot and appears to be doing well!













3 comments:
I'm so, so sorry. :( That pain is the worst, and it's definitely exaggerated by pregnancy since you can't take a lot (like ibuprofen to reduce the swelling) and it just seems like you have to suffer through it. I'm sorry you guys couldn't do your playdate... I'm sure that was disappointing, but you're still a great mom, no matter what! I know we've chatted about this before. I don't have sciatica, but my SI Joint locks up on my right side, and has since I was pregnant with Brian, and gotten continually worse with each pregnancy. In the last 9 years I've only had it on my right side, and with this pregnancy I now have it on both sides. Ugh. It feels so strange to have them both locked up now. I definitely have moments of literally not being able to move. Sadly it's more a way of life for me now. With Brian, I went to a chiropractor--- it did nothing but cause more pain. I also did lots of alternating with hot and cold packs, and that did help some- you could try that. While I was pregnant with Jackson I went to a massage therapist, and we also did a few exercise. That helped a little bit and definitely more than the chiropractor. With Allie, I just suffered through it til after I had her and then went after pregnancy to a physical therapist 3x a week for about 6 weeks, and that definitely helped the most. They did a combination of physical therapy and strengthening exercises, along with massage therapy, and I felt better than I have in 9 years in that respect. They also had me take ibuprofen to reduce the swelling. Here I go again, back to Square 1. Now I'm just suffering through it because I'm getting too big to do a lot of the exercises effectively anyway, and I plan to get back to physical therapy in Feb or March after the baby is born, and then hopefully those darn joints will stay in place for a good while! Anyway, so while I don't have exactly have what you do, I feel your pain (literally), and I would recommend a physical therapist over a chiropractor. Hopefully your dr. has some great recommendations for a good one up there, otherwise I could refer you to the great one here. ;) Alternate between hot/cold packs, and keep doing your exercises. Maybe even ask Rob to give you a blessing to help get you through the next few months. Good luck, and hang in there!! It'll be worth it! :)
I'm so sorry that you're having that much pain! And I feel bad that Heather didn't have a good experience with the chiropractor. I LOVE my chiropractor in Logan- Dr. Stevens. His office is behind the mall. They take insurance too so hopefully it won't cost too much. He has massage therapists that work in his office so you can get a massage and then treated by him. He's super friendly and not one that's going to say you have to come every day for the next year or anything. (Course, his practice may have moved or something. It's been way too long since I've been there!)
I hope you can find some relief! Good luck!
I wish I had some advice, but I have no experience here. I hope you are able to find something that helps. So sorry to hear that it has been so bad.
Post a Comment