Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Julie is 21 Months!

-She is definitely getting more and more independent, but not too much yet. 
-While changing her diaper she always holds one of my lotion sticks and rubs it all over her face. And then while I am reading to her before bedtime, if she has lotion on her cheeks she will take her two pointer fingers and rub them on her cheeks.
-She loves to plug her ears, she will do this while I am reading to her, so I will read louder, and she gets a kick out of this.
-Still as busy as ever, the only time she is sitting is if she is reading her books.
-Is loving all her stuffed animals right now, her favorites are Pooh Bear, Dolly, and Blankie(of course), and then she also loves her Minnie Mouse, Bear, her little baby doll, another baby doll, and some of her little stuffed animals. She will set them on the couch while she watches her Signing Time DVD's.
-Has started watching more of her Signing Time DVD's again, she will ask for them everyday saying "Baby Signing Time" while doing the baby sign. She has really started to use more signs lately from it as well. She will sign "no" while she is saying "no". Some of the signs that she uses quite frequently are "more", "no". It is so funny when she started signing "no", she will start saying no, no, no, and then she will use the sign while saying "no". 
She knows the colors by me signing them to her, but doesn't always get them right when I ask her what color something is, she will get one wrong and just start naming all the colors one after another. She can sign red, green, orange, and knows how to do yellow, just can't get her thumb and pinky finger out. She can also do some of her letters, but not very many. 
She has learned some of her opposites from signing time, like "Hot/Cold", "Dirty/Clean", "Yes/No", "You/Me".
There is a part in one of the videos that goes through signs like jump, walk, run, dance, swing, sit, swim, and sing. And while the song is playing going through all these signs, she will walk around the room, and then she will run, while saying run. It is fun to watch.
Here she is with her lovies while watching her DVD, all cozy with her favorite toys.
 I didn't catch a good picture here, but she was just laying on Robert, enjoying some time together.
Julie watching me make sugar cookies!
 Made a new dress for Julie, got the pattern online and it is super easy. I have since added a sash that goes all around and ties in the back. It was just a little too baggy looking. It turned out way cute. I have some cute brown fabric with light pink colored roses on it that I will be making her another dress out of next.
 -Since she has all her letters down, she is now making the sounds that go with them. Like she will say "M", and then really pronounced say "Mmmmmm". I love it when we pull up to a store and she will start saying letters, from the signs on the building. 
-She will now eat bananas again, I think putting a banana in her smoothie everyday has helped. It is so nice! And she also LOVES her raisins, some other things she likes are almonds, apples, string cheese, or any type of cheese, broccoli, green beans, noodles, fishy crackers, graham crackers, and smoothies.
-We replaced our gate in the kitchen with one that has a door that unlatches. This has been so nice, I hated stepping over the other one constantly every day. And this way, we can keep it open during dinner and if Julie is asleep. I also didn't want to block Julie out all the time, so this way she can have some free reign in the kitchen. And now with my sciatic nerve pinching me every time I move, it is nice to not have to get myself over the gate. Thanks honey!
-She seriously loves her books. I have a book with a collection of children's stories in it. She found it the other day and wanted me to read it to her. I have read it to her before and she would get bored after a while, so I thought that would be the same this time. Well, she just sat next to me all snuggled up while I read nearly half the book of stories to her. And we still sit and read them! She also found a Winnie the Pooh book that she likes me to read to her.
Came home from mutual tonight and Rob had gave Julie a bath and had her all ready for bed, and they were reading from this book. She loves to just snuggle right next to you. It was just so cute to see. I love to just wrap my arm around her and snuggle while we read stories together. The best thing!

1 comment:

Nicky and Patrick said...

I absolutely LOVE that dress. Is it a free pattern online? Do you have the website?